Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

ODD

He is mostly oppositional with me at home, but can be so also wiht other people, especially when more stressed out. At school though they seem to see it more as teenage rebellion and refusal to do as he's told, which doesn't help the situation. At home, as long as he can do what he likes and when he likes and how he likes it and with whom he likes it, he is fine till something else stresses him out. But then, how much is ODD and how much is AS is hard to tell; and when is he simply being a teenager?

Same with my son.

Theresa

I have phoned camhs this morning about youngest phas and ODD.I went the route of trying to speak to the family therapy guy:

'Sorry not here' (Good cos I need someone else really)'

'Ah...well I need to speak to someone about my son...TODAY.'

Went on to explain why and that I felt it was urgent because of 'x' 'y' and 'z'. '

There is someone who can talk to you can they phone you back as they would like the case notes in front of them when they do?'

'Yup, no problems'

So, the on call CPN phoned me back as they were the only one free to talk. I went over things with him and said what I believe we are looking at. He wasn't much help in all honesty but did promise to get an urgent message to family therapist to call me and to pass on my 'concerns' regarding ODD to him. A step in the right direction at least. Will get a call maybe tonight but more likely tomorrow - if not I'll be phoning back!