Sign in to follow this  
TuX

Bird on bird violence

Around 9am this morning,I was in the kitchen looking out the window,when I saw a bird flying at my level up from the bottom of the garden,it was carrying a pigeon in it's claws,as soon as it got past the window and past the shed,Torticat (a name I've given him-he's a tortishell cat whom lives 2 houses away but spends a lot of time in the shed as his own one doesn't have a catflap) came running out of the catflap as he saw the bird fly past,I opened the door,and then Goldiecat (my official cat) chased after Torticat yelping at him and Torti was unsucessfully trying to follow the bird,a strange surreal site for that time of the morning. :D

My dad told me it would have been a kestrel,I have never seen a kestrel before,and thought they were rare.

Is it common for birds to attack,and even kill or eat other birds?

Has anyone else seen it before?

My partner spends loads of time in woods he likes to hunt for forestry he said this is commen but thinks it was more likly to have been a perquine as a kestrel would moor likly have got a mouse . whot did it look like did you get a good look

I have to confess I am somewhat disappointed by the content of this thread... ;)

Seriously, I think kestrels are actually on the increase in numbers... There's lots of woodland round my way, and I definitely seem to see more Kestrel's/hawks and stuff than I used to (?)

Tux,

Is it common for birds to attack,and even kill or eat other birds?

Has anyone else seen it before?

We have a lot of sparrowhawks in our area and they regularly catch birds. We saw one take out a woodpecker, a fair sized and beautiful bird.

Nellie xx

Where'd he take her, Pub or meal? Nice little bird table for two......sparrow had the sparrow, woodpecker had the table (and a glass of cider, obviously) ... Turned out the woodepecker was an owl in disguise... a real fly-by-night character... was a Scottish owl - it hoots, mon...

Sorry

lack of sleep

always makes me

sillyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:D

:P so thats your excuse Bads??! You mustn't get any sleep... ever!! :lol::lol::lol: