Sign in to follow this  
TRACY

mobilty buggy

Hello i'm Tracy

Just found out my nephew has autism, and helping my sister do her research

i was just wondering if anyone knew of any companies who sell major buggies and how much they cost?

Thanx

Tracy

Hi mine is made by mclaren. My boy just outgrew His where are you too

Hi Tracy, :)

A warm welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about your nephew. You will find lots of information, support and advice here from people who understand.

You should find the information your looking for on this forum topic.

walking, does any one else have this problem?

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...wtopic=4180&hl=

Nellie xx

Hello i'm Tracy

Just found out my nephew has autism, and helping my sister do her research

i was just wondering if anyone knew of any companies who sell major buggies and how much they cost?

Thanx

Tracy

Hi I'm from Swindon, but my nephew is from the forest of dean aswell

mothercare also sell them but not the accessories.ebay also sell them for half the price.im at mo waiting for an ot appointment for my son after being refered by his hv but she had to put down she was a community nurse so she could do referral although at the time didnt realise my sons own disabilties communtiy nurse could do this,also the childs peaditrition can also make the referral

Hi

I would just like to thank you both for all your help and advice, this is the first time i have used the forum and it could not have been more helpful.

Its all a bit daunting when you first find out someone you love has autism but now i have found this site, i feel re-assured my sister will get all the help and advice she needs.

Thank you again

Tracy

Hi Tracy, do not rush out to but a major buggy. Talk to the health visitor first or the community nurse for the disabled. if your nephew has difficulty walking (and it need not be a physical difficulty) he should qualify for one. Social services do not always rovide the rain covers etc though. I like these buggies - easy to push and large enough fot the bigger child. They can also provide a "comfort zone" for the child to that he can retreat into when things around are making him anxious or strssed. Hop this helps a bit, Love Kat

P.S, as you have found this is a good friendly forum, have a search of some of the other topics and you will find lots of advice. You sound like a great aunty!!

I also had a referral through my occupational therapist as my child has mobility issues too. I got a buggy no problem and its been a goodsend, not just because it helps get her around but if safty is an issue she can go in it. Do get it through the nhs as you will need a biggger stronger one for longer help. Our little buggy fell apart.

Remember you will need one that you can get in the car easily with shopping. Some designs are big and clumbersome.

Thanks again everyone for your help and advice, i can't believe our luck after the first time of being on the forum, one of the members has offered there buggy to us, we are so gratefull. I am so pleased to have found this site. Its fantastic to know we are not alone and we can seek advice if we need it.

Thank you

Tracy