Sign in to follow this  
hev

my dads a bully

i have got to get this off my chest as its really upsetting me,my mum and dad been married 50 years and in their seventies and all my dad does is criticise her,he gets drunk and talks to her terrible,hes not very nice sober either.

she visited my sister today and when she phoned him he put the phone down on her,mum is a very gentle lady and it all upsets her,hes not talking to her tonight,i think its mental cruelty,i do get on well with my dad,hes very close to steve and is a godsend with him but im finding i do not want to be in his company but then he is an alcoholic and that affects the way he acts,also what worries me is when anything happens to him im going to wish i had not let if affect my relationship to him,me and my dad are very close but i cannot bear the way he treats my mum,i dont know how to just let them get on with it,she will never leave him as she loves him,i would just love him to treat her the way she deserves,that was a ramble but i needed it

Hev,

This is a really difficult situation for you and you must feel caught in the middle all the time as you are obviously close to them both. :( Have you tried talking to your dad about it?

K

>:D<<'> Hev,

This must be so hard for you, i am sorry you are feeling so horrible about it all. Alcoholism is a terrible thing, i have lived with it too and its awful. Have you spoken with either of your parents about it? I hope you can have a civilised chat with your Dad and let him know how much his behaviour is upsetting you all.Good luck hon, i know how your feeling. xxx