Sign in to follow this  
carrieq

Back from Disneyland Paris

We have been away for a few days at DLP. Eoghann still found it hard to cope. We decided to get the special assistance passes for the parks after being in a queue for a ride with Eoghann keeping the people in front and behind at arms length and getting very distressed when people came round him in the queues, as they do in France. He is very rigid about rules and hates other people breaking rules he has been told about. The pass was great as it let us queue up at the end of the ride so not only were we away from the crowds but we didn't have to wait as long. It was amazing the difference this made to all of us.

It was a typical holiday with Eoghann, the good bits really good and the bad bits excruciating!!! He loves the idea of going away but the reality is just too much for him to cope with and we had more meltdowns in 4 days than we have had in a couple of months.

Back to school yesterday, he sneaked in his MP3 player so been told never to let him take it in again, like I "let" him take it in in the first place!!

Heading back to the big pile of washing!!

Carrie

the pass sounds really good. glad you had the good bits! do you mind me asking how you go about getting the special assistance pass as we are going too in 5 weeks.

Thanks

Elaine

Hi Carrieq,

Pleased you had a good time - or should that be 'survived' :blink: !!

I took little monkey to DLP when he was 3, pre-dx, in hindsight, a 6 foot duck is probably going to be alarming to a 3yr old AS child :huh: Poor Mickey got a bashing :fight::lol::lol:

Hi Carrie,

Pleased to hear you survived!

Which Hotel did you stay in?

Weve been several times with our son, on the last visit I managed to get son and I looked in the disabled loo. We were trapped in there for 20 minutes. I was completely panic stricken, husband was on the Indianna Jones ride and had no idea we were even in the loo. I had to bang on the door and remembered some school girl French for open the door. A kindly French lady eventually went for a maintenance and to prevent son going into meltdown I let him run the taps.

I suddenly heard an English voice telling me to push the door and gave a hefty shove, only to find husband and concerned group of French people who burst into applause! Husband said he hadnt been able to find us and just knew when he saw the crowd that I was bound to be involved! Son was none the wiser, he had been enjoying the water in the sink and was soaked from head to foot

And there was nothing wrong with the door, I had been pulling instead of pushing.......

Lorainexx

To get the pass I took our letter from DLA to guest services in City Hall, for the studios you need to get another one at their guest services! No one asked what was wrong with him so I presume a letter from Gp would also be fine. I think it made all the difference to us all!!

Dh cringed as I also flashed his pass so he could meet Stitch. The crowds were all pushing and he was standing in line. He was about to go as he was ranting about people not queuing properly so I showed his pass to the cast member and explained. They took Stitch out of the crowd for Eoghann to meet him and have his photo taken. We also sttod in the disabled section for the parades which meant he wasn't squashed and didn't feel threatened.

We have been to DLP 4 times and stayed in New York this time. I prefered Newport Bay but dh wanted to stay in New York and it is a shorter walk to the parks!

I think the characters are quite relieved Eoghann has gone as he is always really rough with them, not in a bad way, just so excitable, mainly looking for zips as he knows they are not real. Last year he broke Goofy's nose and this year he was after Captain Hooks sword!!!

Enjoy your trips!!

Carrie

We came back from DLP last week too, after our fourth visit. Thepass is brilliant- without it I could not take H, even with it we have our "moments"! Last year we got stuck on the pirates of the carribean ride for 20 mins H shouted the whole time "were all going to die!" and kept trying to jump overbooard! It took ALOT of persuadion to get him on it this time and the first time he was v anxious!. Also won't go on the tram ride as he once got wet! We splashed out this time and stayed in the disneyland hotel but have stayed in the newport bay and sequoia lodge before. We like the newport bay best if you go in the admirals club part you can have breakfast in your room which avoids the resturant which is always v busy and usually a queue! However it was excllent to have such a short walk o the park. Although H is 7 we still push him in a buggy as he seems much calmer and can hide with his hood up under the hood of the buggy until we get to the ride.

It is always hard to tell H has had a good time whilst there as is more "difficult" than normal but he always wants to go back and his younge brother loves it. My mum suggested going to florida next year but I'm not sure he will cope and does anyone know if they have the same disabled pass system?

Hi yes,

Florida have the same pass system and you only need to get one pass for all Disney parks which will last the duration of your holiday.

With the exception of the long flight, A actually finds Disney World in Florida much easier to cope with than DLP.

Sounds like a great holiday, with some new 'milestones' too. Congratulations >:D<<'> ...

I've not actually been, but i'm sure Florida has the same pass system...

L&P

BD :D

PS: If your last name is 'Smith' and you were once Dr Who's assistant I had a HUGE crush on you in the late 70'e early eighties :wub::lol::lol:

Kathryn knows - and she knows she's coming back for a guest appearance in series 2 of the new Dr who too!!

L&P

BD :D

Kathryn knows - and she knows she's coming back for a guest appearance in series 2 of the new Dr who too!!

I'M coming back for a guest appearance?? Well that's news to me! :huh::D I'd love to star opposite David Tennant but they haven't asked me yet. I'll have to call my agent tomorrow...

;)

I'M coming back for a guest appearance?? Well that's news to me! :huh::D I'd love to star opposite David Tennant but they haven't asked me yet. I'll have to call my agent tomorrow...

;)

Ohhhhhhh, you know i meant Elizabeth Sladen :shame::shame::wub:

swoon... be still my beating heart...swoon :wub:

ooh dont you just love all that washing!!!!

all in all sounds like a good holiday !

I am so glad you had a good time at DLP,

It seems to be either a dream holiday or holiday from hell this place from everyone i've spoken too...

We went three years ago over Christmas and it was a holiday from hell....

I actually got 'punched'!!! by a french woman who screamed obsceneties at me...

The reason?

We had quesued for ages to see the parade (no mean feat iwth J wanting to bolt every few mins)

We secured a great side walk view... this woman with two young children came up after the parade had statred and pushed me out of the way so her children could get in.... I said 'NO' very firmly and turned my back on her, she then shoved me to one side and punched me!!!!

My French is rubbish.. And I was so glad her husband pulled her away as I was terrified of trying to explain to the police why this woman had assaluted me....

Needless to say we didn't see the end of the parade.... and left DLP a day early to come home....

-

Edited by Anneuk

carrieq

Thanks for the avice...we are goin there later in the year. Don't think we will be dreading it as much now.

Glad you had a good time.

chappers