Sign in to follow this  
Sallya

Hev, have you seen what he's done?

This is just 'tall poppy' syndrome, isn't it...

The inevitable backlash following my rise to INTERNATIONAL superstardom in the christmas thread...

They did it to Minogue

They did it to Titmuss (let's face it EVERYBODY did it to Titmuss!!)

and now they're doing it to me!!

All I wanted was to bring a little joy, happiness, fnar and Yak into peoples lives, and now this :crying::crying:

And lets face it, doesn't everybody deserve a little Yak??

And lets face it, doesn't everybody deserve a little Yak??

Are we talking Himalayan yak or Mongolian yak? I find the latter tends to be a bit on the tough side, although the consistency can be improved by stewing it slowly with tomatoes, as per Delia's recipe.

But yes, I'd agree with the general principle, everyone deserves a little yak now and again. It makes a change from beef.

:P

I know it's not within everybodies budget, but i'm very partial to pan fried fnar served on a crouton with caramelised onions and just a drizzle of rich truffle bechamel...

Alternatively, if you live north of the border, just deep fry in batter and serve with chips :o:o

Don't know about you, but even the best farmed fnar lacks that authentic 'wild grazed' texture - something to do with the lack of frolicking opportunities, I think...

I always buy mine direct from Sir Biffington Finchly-Biffs own wild grazing herds on the dartmoor heaths. Only ?150.00 per lb (to hell with metrication!), including clingfilm...

More recipe suggestions from the Posh Nosh cookbook tomorrow...

BD ;)