Sign in to follow this  
Deborah 1

Monosodium Glutamate

my little boy,s sleep pattern is getting worse he can go down at 7.30 at night and be up again by ten or eleven at you would have thought he had had at least ten hours sleep

i have started to notice he seems to be more hyper after eating certain things ie prawn crackers pasta sauce bq sauce or certin crisp

the only thing i can see at the moment they all have in common is Monosodium Glutamate or glutamate

has anyone else found this ingredient has effected their child with hyper activity

thankyou for any help you can give me on this as i am so desperate to find out if this does have an effect on children with autism or possible adhd

deborah :crying:

Don't know much about this but K is the same for sleeping. We Don't let him eat for a while before bed and we got told not to let him drink for 2 hrs before bed. We wach the Es this all helps

Yes, definitely. It's really quite nasty stuff.

There's a website - the Hyperactive Children's Support Group - which look into additives in food. they use mostly the Feingold diet which had been around for quite a long time. Aspartame and artifical sweetner is another problem additive.

None of my children get MSG or aspartame.

Yes, definitely. It's really quite nasty stuff.

There's a website - the Hyperactive Children's Support Group - which look into additives in food. they use mostly the Feingold diet which had been around for quite a long time. Aspartame and artifical sweetner is another problem additive.

None of my children get MSG or aspartame.

MSG is SO bad for you, it is actually a banned substance in foods packaged expressly for kids. They can put it in stuff they know kids will eat, but not if kids are the 'target' consumer group...

It apparently is such a stimulant that it kills brain cells - in the same way as booze. OK., so what's a million brain cells among friends? :lol::lol: Avoid it if you can...

Oh, you know why chinese food doesn't taste quite so 'moreish' these days? They don't put the MSG in (It's a traditional Chinese cooking ingredient called Vit Sein (sp?)). I used to put tons of it in stir fries and stuff until I found out what it was, which might explain a few things :blink::wacko::hypno:

L&P

BD ;)

You got me thinking now and cheking food :blink: funny whot you find it in. May look in to a chang of diet. you hear of so meny that should help kids behavier. not shore wher to start. Have any of you tried thes diets

Thank you for the information I thought it was my imagination Luke would go down ok about four hours later he was up fully charged like he had ten hours sleep

I am exhausted with this sleep pattern

I have checked a lot of the ingredients on the products in the cupboards and am horrified at the amount of chemicals in them uh mono sodium glutamate seems to bee in a lot of them as well

Hi,

Lots of foods have MSG in, especially flavoured crisps. I think ready-salted is the only flavour NOT to have it in.

It's a flavour enhancer.

I have banned it from my house!

Loulou x