Sign in to follow this  
microsoft_admin

big aspie question that i am obbsessed with

yes u are

Probably not. That would take all the fun out of life. Being idiosyncratic rocks man, relish it :P

Probably not. That would take all the fun out of life. Being idiosyncratic rocks man, relish it :P

what is a idiosyncratic rocks man and what does idiosyncratic mean

:huh:

Personally, I prefer eccentric and different to cool. Idiosyncratic works, too. Cool is so uncool. :P

what does eccentric and different mean and what does eccentric mean

6 entries found for eccentric.

ec�cen�tric Audio pronunciation of "eccentric" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k-sntrk, k-)

adj.

1. Departing from a recognized, conventional, or established norm or pattern. See Synonyms at strange.

2. Deviating from a circular form or path, as in an elliptical orbit.

1. Not situated at or in the geometric center.

2. Having the axis located elsewhere than at the geometric center.

n.

1. One that deviates markedly from an established norm, especially a person of odd or unconventional behavior.

2. Physics. A disk or wheel having its axis of revolution displaced from its center so that it is capable of imparting reciprocating motion.

[Middle English eccentrik, planetary orbit of which the earth is not at the center, from Medieval Latin eccentricus, not having the same center, from Greek ekkentros : ek-, out of; see ecto- + kentron, center (from kentein, to prick. See kent- in Indo-European Roots).]ec�centri�cal�ly adv.

[Download Now or Buy the Book]

Source: The American Heritage� Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright � 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

ec�cen�tric (k-sntrk, k-)

adj.

1. Departing from a recognized, conventional, or established norm or pattern.

2. Situated or proceeding away from the center.

n.

A person of odd or unconventional behavior.

eccen�trici�ty (ksn-trs-t) n.

Source: The American Heritage� Stedman's Medical Dictionary

Copyright � 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Main Entry: 1ec�cen�tric

Pronunciation: ik-'sen-trik, ek-

Function: adjective

: deviating from an established pattern or from accepted usage or conduct ?ec�cen�tri�cal�ly /-tri-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, � 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Main Entry: 2eccentric

Function: noun

: an eccentric individual

eccentric

adj 1: conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual; "restaurants of bizarre design--one like a hat, another like a rabbit"; "famed for his eccentric spelling"; "a freakish combination of styles"; "his off-the-wall antics"; "the outlandish clothes of teenagers"; "outre and affected stage antics" [syn: bizarre, freakish, freaky, flaky, off-the-wall, outlandish, outre] 2: not having a common center; not concentric; "eccentric circles" [syn: nonconcentric] [ant: concentric] n 1: a person with an unusual or odd personality [syn: eccentric person, flake, oddball, geek] 2: a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real character"; "a strange character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case" [syn: character, type, case]

Source: WordNet � 2.0, � 2003 Princeton University

eccentric

eccentric: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary

Source: On-line Medical Dictionary, � 1997-98 Academic Medical Publishing & CancerWEB

and

4 entries found for Idiosyncratic.

id�i�o�syn�cra�sy Audio pronunciation of "Idiosyncratic" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d--sngkr-s)

n. pl. id�i�o�syn�cra�sies

1. A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.

2. A physiological or temperamental peculiarity.

3. An unusual individual reaction to food or a drug.

[Greek idiosunkrsi : idio-, idio- + sunkrsis, mixture, temperament (sun-, syn- + krsis, a mixing; see ker- in Indo-European Roots).]idi�o�syn�cratic (-sn-krtk) adj.

idi�o�syn�crati�cal�ly adv.

[Download Now or Buy the Book]

Source: The American Heritage� Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

Copyright � 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

Main Entry: id�io�syn�crat�ic

Pronunciation: "id-E-O-(")sin-'krat-ik

Function: adjective

: of, relating to, marked by, or resulting from idiosyncrasy <an idiosyncratic response to a drug> <an idiosyncratic disease>

Idiosyncratic

adj : peculiar to the individual; "we all have our own idiosyncratic gestures"; "Michelangelo's highly idiosyncratic style of painting"

Source: WordNet � 2.0, � 2003 Princeton University

Idiosyncratic

idiosyncratic: in CancerWEB's On-line Medical Dictionary

Source: On-line Medical Dictionary, � 1997-98 Academic Medical Publishing & CancerWEB

Perform a new search, or try your search for "Idiosyncratic" at:

* Amazon.com - Shop for books, music and more

* HighBeam Research - 32 million documents from leading publications

* Merriam-Webster - Search for definitions

* Reference.com - Encyclopedia Search

* Reference.com - Web Search powered by Google

* Thesaurus.com - Search for synonyms and antonyms

i nevor did understand ditonarys that well could use some help with the above explination of the 2 words

Yeah, I always find I need to look up the definition in the dictionary too... all they do is give you long words which are even more confusing... It annoys me.

I'll stick to short words in the future, but idiosyncratic's one of my favourites, and I need to use it in an exam tomorrow, but I know it because of AS etc.

i know a long word 2 you know

Dioxyribonuclaicacid

and

Dioxyribovarinacid

(genetics first one is dna send one is drna and first one below is rna second one below is rvna)

and

Ribonuclaicacid

and

Ribovariannuclaicacid

[Content removed]

Edited by Will

i am definately not cool,at the moment i have on a pair of black dreaded leggings,something i swore i would never wear again!a shell suit type top and my hair is piled on my head and looks awful,i wish i didnt look so much like the girl out of little britain,then again they based her character on me so maybe i am cool,im all confused now :blink: