Sign in to follow this  
jen

LEA assessment documents discriminating

We are currently taking our LEA to disability tribunal because the assessment document used to review special needs does not cover our childs needs. Funding in our area is allocated according to the LEA assessment document.

Has anyone taken there LEA to tribunal over local LEA assessments document that do not cover autism.

Jen

Jen

I went to tribunal 18 months ago and lost :(

im going again on Thursday.

our LEA's assessment criteria is largely accademic based,My daughters difficultys are social,language and she has major fears/phobias.

We have something called a crisp to get an assessment you need a level 4 toria is level 3.

the criteria doesnt look at future needs,my daughter is due to start secondary in sept06 .she gets a great deal of support in her primary but without a statment ,the secondary says they will provide the support as stated on the none existant statment :crying: So we are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

i dont believe autism is recognised on these criterias.

I wish you look with yr appeal if i can help you in any way please ask.

Have you spoken to IPSEA about using illegal criteria and the exclusion of certain groups of children from the Statutory Assessment benchmark.

If you go on to the IPSEA website, you can downlaod a letter sent out by the Dfes to all LEA's regarding failure to adhere to their statutory duty

I will go and try and post the IPSEA website.

I myself, read the letter and found very many breaches by my own lea and requested that the Secretary of State for Education investigate the lawbreaking. They are going to do this - don't know what the outcome will be but certainly it is a lot less stressful than Tribunal.

Back in five with the link

HelenL

Hi Jen

It was fantastic to see in black and white that what the leas's are doing is illegal.

I alway found it pretty offensive to have to go to Tribunal when the other party had blatantly broken the law (especially when I lost :lol: )

My particular complaint will probably take quite a while to investigate (quite a lot of breaking the law went on :whistle: ) but win lose or draw, I will post the developments onto the board.

HelenL

Jen

the LEA have backed down so we won we dont have to go to tribunal and they will assess imediadtly

That excellent news one more success for our children. How many days before the tribunel did they back down. Can you email me privately with details of your claim and who against.

Jen

have emailed my address to the moderator i must of put down the wrong address i do not know if i can put my email address on this part

jen

email address is lynnejennings1@hotmail.co.uk

had problems with my other email address ?why i do not know

Sorry moderators if this is not allowed

jen

You can always change your personal details via the My Controls link at the top of the page. Anyone can look it up on there should they so wish so the details would be available easily that way anyway ao I have no problem with it.

(you can always come back and edit it off your post should you wish)