bevalee

Help please

Hi All

My son has been seeing a psychiatrist privately because we couldn't get any help from our local Camhs Team. He prescribed Risperdal for aggression which has really helped out alot.

We had to go back to Camhs before Xmas as R was suffering from depression ... no help as usual.. they want to see him once a week for anger management, nothing for his depression and stop the Risperdal. He goes to school in Somerset and is home every 3rd weekend. i cannot afford to transport him home every week, he would miss too much schooling and he is doing GCSE's. Plus i don't agree to stopping medication nor do the school because its been so beneficial.

The private psychiatrist won't see R anymore because of the Camhs involvement.

Any idea's on where i can go next?

Hi Bevalee

I'm glad things are a bit better than they were before Christmas, and that the medication's having some effect - it's a useful drug, that one, in the right circumstances - we know :wacko: .

I don't know how the system works when a child isn't living at home but do you have to continue this unhappy relationship with your local Camhs? It sounds as though they aren't much good anyway, certainly not worth disrupting your life and your son's in order to get him there every week. If he was no longer under Camhs he could presumably then continue to see the psychiatrist if he's getting some benefit from this.

Alternatively it might be worth looking around for someone your son could see while he's at school who could provide more focussed work on anger management - like a clinical psychologist?

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Hi Bevalee, >:D<<'> to you what a naff situation!

Sorry missed you're previous posts re this so forgive me if I'm saying stuff you've already tried. Have you explained all the problems with transport etc and how you feel about stopping medication to camhs? Surely any 'treatment' plan for R has to be with your support and input (or am I being naive here?) Do you have the option of the camhs team from your sons school area getting involved so they could see him at school instead of shipping him home every week?

And if you're not happy with what they are proposing and don't feel you have a good relationship with them then can't you/R just not attend and then go back to the private psych. What does R want to do about it, because if he is unhappy with camhs approach then surely at his views have to be taken into account, don't they?

Could anyone from the school help with supporting your case?

Sorry I know this may well be stuff you've already gone through - really hope you get it sorted soon.

Take care

Luv Witsend.

Bev,

I'm sorry to hear you are still having problems. Sorry I don't have much to suggest. Have you involved your GP? If SS are paying part of the school fees then you could involve them or ask for a multi-professional meeting to discuss the case.

Good luck

Nellie >:D<<'>