Sign in to follow this  
pingu

Ever tired to assemble a climbing frame ?

:blink: Hi there

The instuctions (which incidently were the size of a small bible) Stated "Assembly time 2 adults = 7 hours" Well ............. We started at 9.30 this morning, and by six its nearly half done !!! :o

Now we are either incredibly thick or the instuctions dont follow. we got the whole darn thing up only to figure that the tent thingy should have been added at stage 4, but unfortunatly we were on stage 9 by then. so off comes half the frame and a few hours later the tent had been added, only to realise that something else should have been added prior to this... :oops:

I wouldnt mind its only a blooming climbing frame, a standard metal frame with ladders and that.. No big deal :angry:

"lets have fun with the giant jigsaw" Hubby says this morning.

"great" i agree, "lets have it all built for when they ge home"............... HAAAAAAAAAA No piggin chance.

all we have to show is a half built climbing frame a sore finger a headache and 3 dissapointed kids, (they wanted to try it out but we couldnt let them as its not safe yet).

So experiences if you fancy it. all dilemeas gratefully recieved, if nothing else it will cheer us up :wallbash:

tomorrow we are tackling the slide :whistle: !!

:wub:

Shaz

x

i never have this problem as when ever i buy anything like this my dad goes OH MY GOD YOUR NOT MAKING THAT THE KIDS WILL KILL THEMSELVES and then proptly puts it together himself. something to do with the fact that i tried to do a seesaw once and it fell apart

was thinking about hiring him out for a small fee :lol::lol::lol: he's also good at bunkbeds, bbq and flatpack furniture

Now it's funny you should mention this, as my dad usually does help, (he did the swing set years ago and the playhouse, he also helped with the garden makeover last year) BUT today we thought we could go it alone, dad was at work, and to be honest we wanted to prove we could do something for ourselves, Dad always helps us decorate and do the odd jobs that hubby can't manage. But we sooooo wanted to prove this was possible between the two of us.. Arnt dads great :notworthy:

my dad goes OH MY GOD YOUR NOT MAKING THAT THE KIDS WILL KILL THEMSELVES and then proptly puts it together himself.

:robbie:

shaz

Hi Pingu,

The "assembly time 2 adults = 7 hours" rang bells for me. I seem to remember my son's climbing frame instructions saying the same thing! Is your climbing frame made by a company bearing two initials by any chance? :lol:

Anyway, it took my Dad (very good at this sort of thing), my sister AND myself a whole day to assemble! It also caused alot of snapping at each other and my Dad went off home in a very bad mood. :lol:

A few years later the tent tore and we had to replace it. We had to dismantle the flippin' frame to put the new tent on. Nightmare!

On a good note though, Kai has had many hours of fun on the climbing frame!

Loulou x

YES IT IS :D

Heeheeeeee

This should be fun.. We did the snapping thing also :whistle: all friends again now, scarey though when 10 years of marriage can be jepordised in the assembly of a climbing frame. even the kids havent drove us to that :lol:

Is your climbing frame made by a company bearing two initials by any chance?

shaz

[/size]

Heeheeeeee

This should be fun.. We did the snapping thing also :whistle: all friends again now, scarey though when 10 years of marriage can be jepordised in the assembly of a climbing frame. even the kids havent drove us to that :lol:

shaz

That rings so true in our house, we end up have a massive fall out over the smallest cabinet... Each time I buy a flat pack we say never again - we are suckers for punishment aren't we.

good luck

My darling husband and three of his buddies went around to a friend of ours to help them put up a huge, heavy wooden climbing frame/swing/monkey bar thing..

A bit of a barn raising.... >:D<<'>

Any way it was a hot day and they were continually refreshing themselves with cold bottles of beer.

There was a lot of good natured testosterone fuelled banter...at first. :jester:

As the day progressed though they all became more than a little competitve and the wooden framed cathedral, as it became clear this was no ordinary climbing frame, had reduced these slightly tipsy grown men into snappy, Im the alpha, type hot sweaty toddlers. :fight:

Day turned to night, huge lamps were bought from the local DIY store at great expense so the work could continue.

All children were banned from the garden and surrounding area.

:P

Then man number one had the first near fatality (Burned his inner thigh with soldering iron...??).

As two of the guys jumped down to assist one of them turned an ankle, stumbled and banged his head. The other one, my darling, rushed over to assist the now two seriously injured. However the last one laughing so much at his friends plight he let go of one of the huge heavy poles of wood it fell hitting my husband across the back of his neck and shoulders causing bleeding, pain and not very nice words to issue forth.

So as the ladies moved in to florence nighingale the scene, mopped up the blood and drive all of them to A and E (as the last laughing guy jumped off the frame he stepped on a nail and needed a tetnus!). The only guy left standing was the guy who had bought the frame and he was on the loo when all the accidents happened!

Oh how we laugh! :lol:

Every one recovered, the climbing frame/cathedral is now safe and the best fun.

Just had to share :D

redberry

redberry :lol::lol::lol:

We've never done a climbing frame but we did do a loft bed, which must be a bit similar. Never again. :wacko: It was a race against time to get the thing assembled in time for my daughter's bedtime at 8 pm - unfortumnately the mattress we had was the wrong size so that meant a dash back to a certain Scandinavian furniture store to change it.

The loft bed is still up - but she now prefers sleeping on the floor.

hi,we have a tp climbing frame with tent, slide,monkey bars,and swings .when we moved from dorset to forest.my hubbys mate said mark pieces to make it easy to reassemble.hubby being clever said it will be alright.so week after we move hubby says better put climbing frame up kids being on hols and autumn coming plus it gets them out the way so we can unpack.it took him a whole day to put up with much swearing,throwing of tools and rounded bolts.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That's had me giggling!

I can remember a similar incident. The whole family has been invited to my brothers house for a BBQ. Being the magpie (if it's shiny - he has to have it!) he is, he brought a new - does-everything-but-butter-the-rolls - BBQ. Four hours later - starving family, shouting at each other, brother having huge temper tantrum....... Six hours later - we gave up and ordered a pizza!! :D

Edited by smileymab

:lol::lol:

Just a quick apology.

My husband is shocked that I totally exagerated. :huh:

They didn't ALL need to go to A and E. Just TWO of them needed treatment.

The others went along for support and a check over!! :fight:

Really enjoying the other stories!

:lol:

redberry

Hi There >:D<<'>

I thought i would quickly update everyone whilst on a tea break :rolleyes: WELLLLLLLLLLL The good news is, the darn thing is up (slide climbing frame bars, even the little net thing to scramble up) but And its a big BUT We are 2 screws short :wallbash::angry: EITHER we have lost them, OR put two of the wrong size in elsewhere.... SO now guess what we will be spending the afternoon doing???? Thats it, checking it all over and probably having to take bits off AGAIN :oops:

I want to go back to bed :whistle:

Thanks for all your stories, we have enjoyed reading everyone elses misfortunes (sick arnt we :sick: ) LOL Keep em comming this day is a long way from over :tearful:

Catch you all later if the stress buddy doesnt get me :pray:

Shaz