Sign in to follow this  
nikrix

Statements

Sorry can not find my posts that I start on this topic. For those who don't know I have been trying to put additional hours into P statement for lunch time and play time as I have had loads of problems at these times with P.

Just found the post where I started this topic

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=5692

Well received letter from the LEA today and they are not going to give P the additional hours in her statement to cover lunch time and playtime.

The reason for this they say is because P needs are being met at the school she is receiving 25 hours TA support in the classroom and there have sent a time table to show this. Her statement says 15 hours so she is receiving more, well so the school says. It was also said she is getting support in addition to the 25 hour at lunch time and play time and yes she is now but only because I kicked up about it. Who is to say that it will all stop again that?s why I wanted the hours put in the statement.

It looks like there is nothing you can do. But if these problems happen again and I think there will, what are we to do, the LEA believe the schools over us parents. I will keep fighting, but at the moment things are in place. We will just have to wait and see.

Nikrix

Edited by nikrix

what about appealing because if your child needs it and it is being provided by the school then it should be in her statement. If this is a new problem and it is not in part 2 of your childs statement then it should be in part 2 and hence provvision needs to be provided in part 3

Jen