Sign in to follow this  
baileyj

Meds for Feeling Low or Stressed

I just wanted to ask, do any of you parents have anti-depression meds or something to keep you calm.

I am finding lately that I am struggling to cope more and more, I feel so angry about the smallest of things, am moody, wound up all the time. I don't seem to be able to handle my stress levels any more. Sometimes when watching TV I notice that I am grinding my teeth and clenching my fists, I never relax. My job is very pressured and I am finding that harder and harder to take.

I am thinking shall I go to the docs and ask for something, but I feel a fool and that I'm giving in.

Do any of you take anything?

Jo

All of us at sometime in our life need extract support. Go and speak to your GP. Are you sleeping well? Are you eating right?

Some of my friends have had antidepressents for a while and they have helped them. one in three people at sometime in there lives take antidepressents. It is not a subject people can share and hence sorting it out then becomes more difficult.

If you need help ask for it.

Hope you get the support you deserve.

Jen

I would see your gp.After my youngest was born I never got back to my usual self.My eldest son also declined and we began the very rocky dx route.Three years later I finally faced it and saw my gp, it was,nt easy but Iam no longer filled with panic.........anxiety or deep sadness that I just could,nt escape.I actually laugh and mean it now the worries are still there but they don,t consume me.

Hi Jo,

Many people need help at some time from medication when stress gets too much, so don't feel that you're giving in by going to your GP.

Whether or not you decide in favour of meds, have you tried other ways to help you relax? A friend who is doing a massage course has been practising on me - I must say I've found it incredibly calming to the point where I've almost fallen asleep, and it has helped to unlock a lot of physical tension which I didn't realise was there.

I hope you find something that helps you,

K x