Sign in to follow this  
helenmorbey

update!

Just a quick update, ive taken my daughter to nursery (attached to school) and told them that the paediatrician says my daughter has ASD, the teachers reply " oh theres no way i dont believe that", i stood there feeling a right idiot! Helen x :huh:

Take it this teachers trained in instantly diagnosing ASD then ? Thought not.

Youre not the idiot but this teacher sounds a right dozey cow.

Imagine how youre going to enjoy the told you so moment when it comes and itll come.

Youll be able to gently remind her then of her words and itll be her looking stupid.

Right up to the point where we he left mainstream to go to special school H's primary school teacher maintained there was nothing wrong with him.

This was a child who ran away and hid in a corner if any child spoke to him, had to be dragged (literally) kicking and scraming into school, didn'y know the name of another child after 6 months at school, and spent most of his time with his head in his hands and always had a meltdown when he got home.

When you dig a little deeper underneath this kind of ignorance you may well find you teacher has met an Autistic child once (or seen one in a documentary) and feels qualified to un-diagnose your daughter because she isn't exactly like them.

You are not the idiot, the teacher is. :angry::angry::angry:

Simon

Gosh...what an incredible gift this teacher has..........you know there are clinics up and down the country crying out for clinicians who can diagnose ASD at the drop of a hat. :rolleyes:

Hi,

I'm afriad i've been there too. I was told that my son was just "naughty" and when i mentioned ADHD/ASD, the teacher laughed at me and said, "I don't think so dear." :angry:

Do you have a written diagnosis? If so, I would photo copy it and give it to the teacher.

Loulou x

Helen, how ###### awful. What a great way to instill confidence in the school for the teacher to dismiss you in such an off-hand way. If you have the dx take a copy, as loulou has said, and give a copy to the teacher, 1 to the senco and 1 to be put in her pupil profile. Oh...why not print the teacher off some of the sheets avavilable from the NAS...just for her information, of course!