pingu

Is there a new laungage?

Hello everyone. >:D<<'>

Im just wondering if there is a new laungage that i dont know about, all the kids seem able to understand it, and they all speak it, but its very confusing...... All i have heard this week is CAN I have a bun/drink/gamecube/sweets/play out/have friends over and there is even a can i for my attention... Yes you read right.. Kieran has been on the gamecube for 5 minutes and he is at it again he has just said.. "Mum CAN I have your attention for a minute" ?

I didnt know whether to laugh and praise him on his manners or SCREAM that its just another CAN I ......

You see most things starting with CAN I (or CAN YOU) usually mean (interpritated) = Mum/dad/whoever, stop what you are doing, it doesnt matter if you are incredibly busy or in the middle of a life changing decicion, but needs must and right now i need you to help me with doing this or i will CAN I you to death

AND just when you have filled all the demands, and think you are safe to start typing about it, they all change the goalposts and start wanting to play out (Again) so now from behind all i can hear is "mum can i go out, can you put my shoes on. Can i take a bun out, Oh and on and on and on it goes.

Forgive me, i love my children i really do......... Blooming teacher training days (right after the holidays) Im just craving some peace. relentless CAN I's Humph.

Sorry im off now. But before i go can i thank you for listening :notworthy:

Shaz

I know exactly how you fee with their constant wants and demands. my mother always says about my dd "if she doesn't marry a lord she'll be disappointed as she wants someone to wait on her hand and foot"

Forgive me, i love my children i really do......... Blooming teacher training days (right after the holidays) Im just craving some peace.

Now CAN I ask teachers not to have training days straight after holidays. I much preferred the occasional days when other children were at school and we could have the town, parks etc. to our selves.

Tilly

My god, I do believe you have pinpointed a whole new language!!! CAN I HAVE, CAN I HAVE, CAN I HAVE, it's utterly brain washing and enough to send your nerves jangling. My answer used to usually be 'yes, I'll be there in a minute', followed by a child counting to 60 and then demanding that you come right NOW. I've got round that one though; on being demanded by trivia, my answer now is 'yes, I'll be there to do that in just an hour'... and they are usually delighted when I fulfill their demands well within the allotted time :P

:lol::lol::lol: Strangly familiar! :blink:

I have a 'Can I...?' little monkey in my house too...

Except it's usually a 'What.......?' Then he doesn't understand the answer i've given - so he asks it again..... and again..... and aggggaaaiiiinnnn...... :wacko:

We also get lots of phrases from TV programme's or film's... or book's... or something someone said four years ago... :blink: . Then mummy has to figure out where the saying comes from and what little monkey could possibly mean by that...... That's around the point my head explodes :D:hypno: