Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frangipani

To Carole for Matthew

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Carole,

I just noticed this so I have written a little letter to Matthew, :) about where I live, Australia.

Carole

PS Matthew is sooooooo interested that I have a friend in Australia Wants to know where you live, how hot it is and do you keep kola bears, kangaroos or have possums on your roof That's Matthew question after question after question

Hi Matthew,

Australia is really a fun place to live, we live in Sydney New South Wales, on the Northern Beaches, not far from where they film the TV show 'Home & Away". How would you like my daughter and I go and visit the Home and Away filmsite and take a few pictures for you and post them on here. Do you watch that show, its seems its popular over there, or I could take some random photos of yes, possums on my roof, my cat a moggie, called Angel, has become best friends with a possum, I often see them in the same tree hanging out together. I am serious, no fighting.... :lol::lol: so cute they are, if I took a photo with a flash it may upset them both, but I will ask my daughter she is camera crazy. :lol::lol:

The Kangaroos are every where in the bush the wallabies are much smaller and soooo cute and adorable. Koala's are usually deep in the bush so you don't get to see them. The Kookaburra's make a loud laugh and randomly you might find a group of them land near your window and raise havoc with their loud loud laugh, literally at the crack of dawn. Cute but so annoying if its Sunday and your trying to sleep in. I have many blue tongue lizards in my garden, many beautiful birds but only because I planted lots of plants to attract them plus put out some food that they like. Our summer was beautiful and very hot, it is now the start of Autumn, and the temperatures range from 20-28 degrees, I looovvveee Autumn, as it is so mild and all the trees turn to reds and golds (only the deciduous ones, of course)

I live only 2 minutes drive from Long Reef Beach which is the north end of Dee Why beach, very family orientated lots of schools and sporting interests. Boys are into all the ball sports and surfing, where as many of the girls love netball gymnastics or performing arts dancing and drama, and of course surfing, but only if they live close to the beach. The girls and boys are allowed to choose surfing as a sport activity, my daughter can't surf but has many friends willing to teach her. :)

We don't get the beautiful snow that you get, we have to drive 6 hours in the car to the Snowy Mountains to Thredbo or Perisher and we only get snow there from July to September.

I live close to the home Ground of Manly Warringah Sea Eagles football club, do you know this rugby league team...they are an NRL team, if prefer Aussie Rules and like the team Richmond, I should go for Sydney Swans, but I don't. :lol::lol:

Anyway Matthew, if there is anything else you would like to know just ask your Mum, and I will see if I can help. Oh, one more thing, I just remembered, we often get these giant birds called Pelicans and they love to land of top of street lights on the bridge at Narrabeen lakes watching for fish that might pass by, it is hilarious to see, will have to take a photo next time I see them doing this, it so funny, there are probably about eight light posts all up on the bridge, and usually at least 5 are claimed by the Pelicans. :lol:

Have a great day,

See ya, hu-ru :lol::lol:

Hailey

Here is a copy of a website Matthew with some beautiful pictures of Australia, by the Photographer Steve Parish

look for the little green box that says screen saver, it is a free download, and it flashes through about 10 photo's of around Australia, while your computer is idle. It pops up and changes all the tim

http://www.photographaustralia.com.au/phorum/

All the best

Hailey

Edited by hallyscomet

Couldn't resist read, I need to move to Australia :crying: The wildlife would keep me more than happy. The blue tongued lizards, are they skinks, thats what I wanted next, we have a bearded dragon now which I believe is also an Aussie resident.

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Lillme, & Brook

I don't know what a skink is :D

If you have a look back on the letter to Matthew, I am just about to add a website that has a free website and a free download of a screensaver, it it really lovely as it shows all these pictures around Australia.

Steve Parish is an excellent photographer over here. I often buy his calendars.

Have a look it free.

Hope you are both well, and having a lovely day.

Its almost midnight so I will have to sign off after this and hopefully have a chance to come on in the morning.

Cheers

Hailey >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> Thanks Hailey

Just got on line as my lap top is dead - killed by my two sons this time not me. I have stolen theres for a while.

Thanks so much for this - Matthew and I are off to check your links now :thumbs:

He is delighted ;)

Carole

Guest hallyscomet

:) Cool

Its after midnight now, so will be back on in the morning,

have a great day,

Cheers

Hailey

Guest hallyscomet

Hi again,

I found this website that has aerial views of Palm Beach and Barrenjoey Headland thats the foresty looking area at the tip where the lighthouse is. This is will show you those amazing waterviews I was telling you about.

http://www.airviewonline.com.au/stock-phot...ault.asp?Pr=104

Just click on Palm Beach and it will show you about twenty different view of Palm Beach, and you will notice two surf clubs well the Northern one is where they film a lot of Home & Away, the rest is done in the Channel 7 studio's.

These photo's shows you aerial shots of all of the northern beaches. My favourite surf beach is Whale Beach and Long Reef beach.

If you look at photo's of Long Reef, Cromer, Collaroy, Dee Why Beacon Hill, we livein the middle thats where we live. You have probably heard a lot about Manly thats about 5 mins drive from our place.

Everyone has heard of Bondi beach thats south east of Sydney Harbour Bridge you may also see some photo's of that too. I haven't looked extensively but type in a suburb and you may get an aerial view not sure though, maybe even Sydney Harbour.

Enjoy

Regards

Hailey

NB. You can type any location around Australia and get an aerial view so its really good, the views over Sydney Harbour and the Blue Mountains look good too. :) enjoy the journey

Edited by hallyscomet