Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

What do i do with T's Major buggy??

T no longer needs it but it's here and I dunno if I'm allowed to just bin it as I was given it by the NHS and it says on it that it belongs to them.

It's practicully brand new and only been used on a few occasions.

Can I bin it or has it got to be returned to the NHS?? It's been sat here for over 2yrs and they haven't contacted me about it.

Contact them to see if they want it back - someone might be grateful for it even if it has been used. If they don't there's always e-bay or you could give it away. Sounds like it's in too good a condition to simply bin.

It might be a good idea to ask any schools around your area if they need a buggy.

At the special needs school were i work they have a store room for extra buggies for outtings and things for children that usually don't have difficultly walking but find it hard to walk long distances...

It would be a shame to bin it if it can be used

justamom

WHEN MY DS FINISHES WITH HIS I HAVE TO CALL THEM TO COME AND COLLECT IT.RING YOUR WHEELCHAIR SERVICES @ YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL AND THEY WILL COLLECT IT HAS IT BELONGS TO THEM AND THEY WILL THEN GIVE IT TO SOMEONE ELSE THAT DESPARTLY NEEDS TO USE ONE.

I know someone who was billed for a wheelchair she didn't return, unsure on major buggies. I would contact them and ask if they need it back and what they do with them, if they don't I am sure a school would be grateful.

I finally got through to the hospital whom put me through to another hospital whom put me through to another department and whom in turn put me through to yet another department! LOL

Buggy is supposedly being collected this morning but no show as yet. She took T's name and DoB and our address came up on her PC. Guess all details are stored there so lucky I called and just didn't bin it or give it away! Phew!!! LOL

Thanks for the advise everyone. :)>:D<<'>