Sign in to follow this  
jomarie

american basketball story

apologies if someones already posted about this but I just thought it was a lovely positive story.... though now apparently they're going to make a film about it :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/02/23/...in1339324.shtml

oh & on another subject, at the age of 9, m's just had a friend from school ring him. This is the first time its ever happened & i think I'm more excited than him... I keep welling up at the very thought of it (& just for a change, in a happy way!!!) :tearful::thumbs:

jo

It is a great story - I suppose it would work quite well as a film.

Great news about the friend ringing your son - these little things make such a difference. I hope it turns into a really good friendship. :)

K x

i remember watching this on the news and i definately had tears in my eyes!!!!! thought at the time - i wonder how long before they make it into a film!!!!!!!

Ah, they're not making a film are they?

I can cry at CBeebies so heaven only knows what I'd be like watching the film ....... I'll take out shares in a certain large tissue manufacturer now I think :D

wow tha story is fabulous, i love it. Im going to show my son the video this evening. thanks for the link :lol:

:D:D

I also so it on the news the other week.I thought fantastic and i also had a tear in my eye.

This Autistic lad is like a national hero now and its brilliant stuff.I immediatly told my Nt daughter and our As son.Its great when people with any disability who are normally brushed aside suddenly through chance show there true potential and everyone stands back in gob smaked amazement.

I hope its a film ill be watching it.