Sign in to follow this  
axtl1010

Classical music

Hello!

Are you interested in classical music?

Classical music is one of my two special interests.

I am particularly interested in discographies of numerous interpreters, e.g. the legendary classical guitarist Andr�s Segovia.

I am happy to hear from you!

:notworthy:

Best regards,

Andreas

Edited by axtl1010

Mozart is my favourite composer ... and his requiem always moves me, I also use classical music to help calm T when he is in a meltdown.

HHxx

Our music collection is very wide spread my hubby is into heavy metal (iron maiden) I like all sorts of music even opera but when stressed he listens to Bach/Trakoviski.

When we have had a stress full time with K we listen to Richard Claydaman (piano)..

Its very soothing..

Justamom

Classical music helps a great deal mentally if I am stressed, as it puts away negative thoughts and lets me concentrate solely on the music.

Mozart's Requiem appeals much to me; I should have liked to attend a concert including this work.

Tschaikovskij is also a composer whose music appeals to me.

Yesterday I heard Bach's Matthew's Passion BWV 244. It was a great experience to hear it live.

Music means a lot to me; I am member of a mixed choir singing classical music and a male choir.

In addition I play the classical guitar, something I can do as long as I live.

At home I have many LP's with classical music ranging from gregorian chant to contemporary music.

Every evening I listen to music; tonight it was from Bach's Matthew's Passion BWV 244, a work of which I have three different recordings.

Apart from the music, I like to express myself in foreign languages.

:)

Edited by axtl1010

I like Mozart's Requiem too and did once get to hear it live at the Barbican concert hall- it was amazing. I also find classical music helps to relieve stress - when I was a student I used to play Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture over and over again.

We've got a huge collection of classical music CD's - mostly my husband's, I have to admit. He has sung in various choirs and has done the Bach St Matthew Passion a couple of times. He sings tenor, so is always in demand as choirs always seem to be short of tenors! Which part do you sing, Andreas?

I envy people who can play an instrument: I've always wanted to, but I've never been able to learn to read music. :(

Right now I'm actually listening to Billy Joel! :rolleyes:

K

Vanessa Mae; and Rob Dougan.

They are 2 of the best for modern classical,although they usually blend electronic genres with their music.

A few singles off Robs' Furious Angels album has featured on the Matrix film series and in adverts.

Another would be Hybrid-their older music,like Finished Symphony,another classical and electronic blend.

I sing tenor, and 2nd tenor in the male choir. Occasionally I also sing the baryton part; I did it in Buxtehude's "Magnificat"; in this work there is a baryton sequence, to me a very elegant one that I love to sing.

Yes, although I have sung in choir for only a few years, I often hear that choirs are short of tenors. Basses seem to be easier to find, and also in our mixed choir, the lack of tenors is a problem; of a total of forty-four choir members, there are eleven men and only three tenors!

Especially 1st tenors seems to be difficult to get.

It must have been a great experience for your husband to sing the St. Matthew's Passion of Bach!

In order to do so, I think he must be very well trained, as I assume this work is very difficult to sing.

If I ever will have the occasion to sing it, I surely will look enormously forward to it.

Once our mixed choir has done "O Sing unto the Lord" by Henry Purcell. To me this work was fantastic. Certainly, Purcell is one of my favourite composers from the baroque period.

We have also done "Magnificat" by Buxtehude and a Bach cantata.

Furthermore, we often perform works by the norwegian church music composer Egil Hovland. Once we sung four of his motets in Nidarosdomen of Trondheim, it was a fantastic experience to sing in this cathedral from the medieval age.

Andreas

:)

Edited by axtl1010