Suze

Annual Review.

We had the annual review yesterday, for the HS transfer in sept.My son has a place at a mainstream HS with a ASD resource,and boy oh boy am I thankfull.............even more so now!!!........It was attended by the head, LSA, literacy teacher, autistic support worker and his new unit teacher.The meeting seemed o.k. nothing hugely controversial,........but boy oh boy his school don,t half spout mumbo jumbo...........especially his LSA, who has cured several autistic behaviours.............she observes he enjoys getting angry as it gets him attention :o ..........she has also readily explained to the class how his brain is wired differently(must remember to thank her for that)........so things are really set to improve :shame: .Well the best thing to come from this meeting was the conversation I had later with the autistic support worker, who thankfully and truthfully told me exactly what she thought and how pleased she is that from sept he will be in a much better environment..........., I would love to post her opinion :wub:

......but boy oh boy his school don,t half spout mumbo jumbo...........especially his LSA, who has cured several autistic behaviours.............she observes he enjoys getting angry as it gets him attention :o

This was the LSA in his current school I take it? ######!!! I bet you can't wait for September.

LSA's they can be a godsend, can't they??? :lol::lol:

Attend 2 half day courses and suddenly they're world authorities!

That's not - of course - a pop at LSA's GENERALLY: Some of them are wonderful. It is a fact, however, that the damage a bad one can do is massive, particularly as they are likely to be significant role models for the rest of the class...

Very best for September, hun...

Keep bouncing

:bounce::bounce:

L&P

BD

'Instant Expert Syndrome' isn't confined to LSA's, when our children were in mainstream the reception class teacher felt qualified to advidse us that all the other professionals had got in wrong and H was developing 'within normal range', and offered a range of criticisms of our parenting techniques which, she said, had caused his problems. Nobody has agreed with her before or since. Her qualification to say this - two one day courses on Autism.

It just proves that the most important qualification for anyone who will teach our children is a willingness to listen and learn.

Simon

Suze, ho ###### hum :o to that LSA

I bet you can't wait for September

I'd love to hear the support worker's opinion :ph34r: If it's too conterversial for public consumption can you pm it???

Lauren X