Sign in to follow this  
elainem

Last Day for a Very Special Teacher

Have posted about this b4 when I first found out, but our teacher of nearly 2 years and also senco and strong interest in ASD is LEAVING. OH MY GOD. My reaction seems so disproportionate to the event. I feel as if I am losing my best friend :blink: LOL I do have friends, but she has such a huge part in our lives.

My main objective for tomorrow is not to make a total t*t (sorry) of myself by crying all over the place. The other mums would not get it and my kids would be scared if I cried.

I know there are no answers just sounding off. But why do I do this, she is only teacher for god sake, but I carry on like she is my mum or something. Sound like a total wimp, honest I am not - our OT thinks I am rather cool with all I have got into statement like private OT - so why can't I behave like a GROWN UP.

Please hep me not to throw myself on the floor sobbing :lol::lol::lol:

Elaine

we had a teacher like that at steves primary,she was a senco and brilliant,i think when we are faced with so much opposition on a daily basis with getting our kids help,we finally meet someone who understands its fantastic,i still see the teacher at a support group i go to,tomorrow you will probably cry,im soppy,i do all the time,just let the tears out,better out than in i say :crying:

Awwww >:D<<'> , I understand where you are coming from. We've had weekly home visits from a fabulous preschool teacher for the last 8mths and just done Early Bird course run by her as well. Tomorrow is her last home visit as DS starts school after Easter and she will no longer be involved with us after July. She's been really great, understands and works well with my son, has been reaelly helpful advising over his behaviour and an invaluable support to me too. I'm feeling quite bereft, really sad that we won't see so much of her next term and not at all after that :crying: Sometimes feel a bit daft too but it's the first real ongoing support and intervention we've had and I've got so many worries about how things will be.

I hope tomorrow goes ok

Lx

I have worked with some pretty special people over time, more than a few tears(even from me) when they left. I hope today provides you all with some lovely memories to look back on. Oh, and please, if she doesn't already know, tell her what she has meant to you and your family, that will be a nice memory for her to take.

know how u feel, Toms SEN has left recently, she has been at the school for 10 years and has dealt with quite a few AS kids in her time. Tom really got on well with her. she was no-nonsence and got the point over without using loads if instructions.

The new one however has never dealt with AS before and talks to Tom as if hes 4 not 13. we will see how it goes