Guest Frangipani

Full Moon over Easter

Guest hallyscomet

Hi,

Did you notice the beautiful fullmoon over Easter. It was HUGE ORANGE/GOLD like 5 times its normal size rising up from the black horizon over the sea. Did you watch it. It was a very spiritual moment for me, as I was sitting there in the quiet saying a rosary and as I finished and looked up it was just starting to appear looked like a pot of gold then soon this huge ball like an oversize hot air balloon. Seeing that I felt like "he heard my prayers" :huh: aaaahhhhh. It was lovely.......

Just wanted to share this......

http://starryskies.com/Artshtml/dln/4-00/easter.moon.html

here a bit of trivia

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/9439.htm

Edited by hallyscomet

That's interesting - thanks for sharing. LOL you think that's why the change in my son's behaviour.

mine just will not shut up don't think he stopped talking for about 3 days and if he ran out of things to say he told me all about the things we had just talked about and who said what :wallbash::wallbash:

well the moon might explain it must look an the calender for the next one so i can take the batteries out of my hearing aid ready for it

Guest hallyscomet

The changes is there behaviour may have something to do with the moon, but to be honest I truly the reason for the changes to their behaviour is usually ASD kids always react to a change in their routine, and Easter is a huge cha ge to routine, not to mention all the Caffeine in those naughty but YUMMY chocolate Easter eggs. :devil::lol::lol:

I have to tell anyone giving my son Easter Eggs to only give him White Chocolate Easter eggs like Milky Bar. As these dont affect him like other chocolate 'He become WIRED TO THE MOON" :devil::lol::lol::dance::dance: and can take days to settle down.

H.

I noticed the full moon too although it wasn't as big as you described it unfortunately. It must be the different parts of the world that effect the apparent size. But it was still a nice sight though. :rolleyes:

Guest hallyscomet

It was a really strange experience,

this has happened to us driving up to Queensland too., I think if you are near the horizon watching it rise it appears 5 times the size and more, but once it has risen it reduces eventually to the normal size the higher it gets in the sky..... fascinating. When you are there looking though. WOW is all I can say.

Hailey :wub:

My eldest was born under a full moon and when I said to my office colleagues one year

"Oh, it's a full moon tonight my son will be restless tonight."

They just laughed :( and I was telling the truth ........ he's worse during a full moon. Might be something to this Lycanthropy after all :o

The reason that the moon looks bigger as it's just above the horizon is an optical illusion - the brain automatically puts it in focus with the distant landscape, and so scales it up to match. Once it's a bit further up, it jumps to its real distance/scale and that magical moment disappears.

Back in the late 70's I kept a diary of my moods (or biorhythms, as they were called then). I was amused and a bit worried to find that my cycle of creativity- depression (what's called bipolar now) was a 28 day cycle that peaked at the full moon, when I rarely got more than 5 hours sleep. Very useful for knowing when to time creative work, but a bit too close to lycanthropy for comfort. Unfortunately these days it's a bit more random, and certainly not on a regular cycle, but i still love the full moon when working on a new project.