Sign in to follow this  
bjkmummy

A BIG thank you to everyone on the site

Tried to post this last week but i had a glitch on the computer and lost all i had written!!!

Bren is dx as asd - when i went to cahms with him they asked about other children in the family and i mentioned about joe who is 2 nearky 3 showing strongers sogns of asd than ben ever did. In bens written dx the consultant mentions that joe should be seen by the relevant people asap.

The hv came out to see Joe but she was useless - she promised ot refer Joe but i thought at the time i bet she doesnt.

A month has passed and i was a little disheartened not to receive anything re Joe. Because of Bens late dx he is now in school without a statement and no help andi just dont want to go through the same with joe.

So after reading lots of your posts and feeling inspired i decided to take action myself!!! 2 phone calls later and Joe will be seen in the next 3 weeks :dance::dance::dance:

So i just want to see THANK YOU everyone because without sites like this i would never have gained the confidence to do things myself - i would have just put my faith in the hv etc that Joe would be seen in good time

Extremely mad though that the HV has done exactly NOTHING!

But hey - heres to parent power!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: