Sign in to follow this  
sam5886

Reduced Hours

In G's statement (dated 21.11.05) he gets 17.5hrs support

PLUS

?In addition to the above support, the local authority will also provide 5 hours support on a term by term basis for his school to address specifically his self care needs. G?s school will provide a termly report to enable the authority to determine the ongoing need for this support.?

I argued for these extra hours due to G?s toileting needs (ie, can?t wipe his bottom etc and inability to change clothes for PE etc).

G?s teacher has just sent a report to the LEA stating these needs were ongoing (which they still are) and the extra 5 hours were still needed.

I now get a letter from the LEA stating that the request for the additional 5 hrs of learning assistant support to continue has been considered and agreed for the Summer term 2006. It then goes on to say:-

?However this will cease from September 2006 and school should now look at planning for the Autumn term without the additional 5 hrs. From September you will be receiving 17.5 hrs of learning assistant support per week for G, which is over and above that which the school should provide from its delegated budget.?

I was under the assumption that as it actually says in his statement that the additional support will be assessed on a term by term basis ? it is NOT OK for them to turn round now and say we can?t have it in September - although we don?t know at this time whether he will need it or not?

Your thoughts and opinions PEEEEEEEEEESE...

Sam

x

they are messing you around - phone IPSEA - the number is on their website, they're very busy so keep ringing till you get through, they are excellent on this sort of thing.

Zemanski

Hi Col, yeah - you too :lol: ..... been on here for ages but too embarassed most of the time to post as I feel very thick - (this site is an absolute font of knowledge).... I see Tensing is also on here.

Sam

x

Edited by sam5886

Hi Col, yeah - you too :lol: ..... been on here for ages but too embarassed most of the time to post as I feel very thick - (this site is an absolute font of knowledge).... I see Tensing is also on here.

Sam

x

Hi Sam,

this also happened with my son. Once your child has had the support and the school have proved your child needed it than it will be easier to get it back. Keep all your documents and contact IPSEA you may need to go to tribunal to sort it out.

Good luck

Jen