Sign in to follow this  
minerva

CV

Ok guys i know this may sound a bit odd seeing as though I cant go to work for a while yet but I was bored & thought I would prepare a CV so that when I am ready I will already have one & maybe just need to update it.

I wanted to know if any of you have ever added some of your experiences with the LEA, Tribunal hearing, Caring for your child on a CV? and if you have how did you go about wording it?

Im totally brain dead these days but I'm pretty sure the things we all go through would count as good experience towards some jobs, even if it just shows eternal patience & toleration of stupid people (i.e LEA :P lol)

any advice is welcome

The short answer is, it depends.

The more useful answer is it depends on what your previous work experience was (if any), what sort of role you are applying for, and who with. I was a manager for 7 years in marketing, and the sorts of roles that I would have been looking to fill would have required people who could think on their feet, negotiate, etc. And those skills could have come from a previous role in a job, or as a volunteer, or parent. It is really whether or not they can actually do those things that you are looking for. It really doesn't hurt to list 'life skills', but I would say try to bullet point them, and then have a short explaination, eg:

- negotiation skills

over x years experience of negotiating with education, etc

However, having said all of that I went for a job interview at a charity recently having given up work a year ago to prepare my son for school, and when I went into all of this with them I knew I hadn't got the job (marketing usually requires people to work very long hours, and I had let them know I had not just young kids, but a young kid with autism). But then, frankly, I wouldn't have wanted to work for them either!

I would be happy to look over your CV if you want to PM it to me.

Good luck!

Hi

I always put about doing the earlybird course and how I have learnt to deal with chalanging behaviour.Also I always put I enjoy visiting the Krism chat room as my hobbies and going to the ASD group I visit.

Hope this helps

Lisa