Sign in to follow this  
amberzak

Great encouragement booster

As I know most of you on here are parents of people with aspergers, this doesn't really apply to you, but you might like to read it anyway.

Okay. I always thought that my friends just put up with me. I always thought they liked me dispite my aspergers.

But when i said this to a friend she got all upset. She told me she would hate me to think that. She said that she likes me BECAUSE of my aspergers and she never puts up with me, but enjoys my nature and personality. I asked my family what they think of me, and they said that they did become annoyed with me at times and loos patience but that they wouldn't change me for anyone, because they love me. They love everything about me, including the aspergers.

I always thought people put up with it, and loved me dispite it, but it is who I am, and it is because of the aspergers that I have the friends I have.

Just to be a confidence boost for those struggling. YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT!

Just to be a confidence boost for those struggling. YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT!

I say this same statement to my son amberzak!!! It so true

Justamom

As I know most of you on here are parents of people with aspergers, this doesn't really apply to you, but you might like to read it anyway.

Okay. I always thought that my friends just put up with me. I always thought they liked me dispite my aspergers.

But when i said this to a friend she got all upset. She told me she would hate me to think that. She said that she likes me BECAUSE of my aspergers and she never puts up with me, but enjoys my nature and personality. I asked my family what they think of me, and they said that they did become annoyed with me at times and loos patience but that they wouldn't change me for anyone, because they love me. They love everything about me, including the aspergers.

I always thought people put up with it, and loved me dispite it, but it is who I am, and it is because of the aspergers that I have the friends I have.

Amberzak,

Your post brought tears to my eyes - what a lovely thing for your friend to have said to you - I just hope my daughter has someone who will say the same thing to her one day - you've given me hope when I despair that she'll never have a true friend. No matter how much as a parent you say it - it's never quite the same when it comes from someone else.

Thank you so much for sharing that.

Take care,

Jb

Edited by jb1964

Thanks for that :). I'm very sure I have Aspergers myself and when I told people they said they liked me for who I was, regardless of any labels I might have.

Thank you for sharing that, Amberzak. It's true - I love my boys, all three of them, for who they are and each of them is so different. I hope that all of them, AS or otherwise, make friends like you have made one day.

I love my As son too>His Aspergers is what makes him him i wouldnt change him for the world.

Id like to change other peoples attitudes and ignorance though.

Never ever my son.

:D

Guest hallyscomet

Amberzak,

I think what you said was really beautiful, and understand why your friends love you..... you have a very warm loving nature and it shows, people need friends like you. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> sincere.