Sign in to follow this  
rainbow queen

question for my nephews parents

hi there

my sister and husband are finding not much help is about regarding what services are for there 25 year old son?

just wondered if anyone knew any leads i could tell them to follow up-his social worker is pretty useless-and they get passed around the houses alot.

the problem is he lives at home and he cant hold a job down -hes tryed lots of jobs and very willing but hes a danger to stuff ect...[like electric ect.... doing things wrong ] and has been sacked from every thing.

he did go to college on leaving school-

hes involved with a part time cookary course in evenings which he loves.

the jobcentre and disabled bloke are ment to be helping find suitable assisted employment but nothing so far

hes at home all day

surely theres something he could be doing ??ect.....

any help gratefull

thanks >:D<<'>

They could investigate Direct Payments from SS, and Person Centred Planning. Also, supported employment schemes (eg: Pathways, Kudos, Prospects).

Karen

Is there a mencap or asd support group in your area? In our we have something called a carers resourse centre (details in hospitals and doctors surgeries) which is an advice service for carers. They have coffee morings , will come to the house and discuss needs, help with benefits etc - prehaps the local citizens advice will know?

Pr ehaps it s time to play hard ball with your local social services and go their manager about the lack of help and question why nothing is available.

Is their a local voluntary group that could help?