Sign in to follow this  
board

advice

hello i was wondering if you could help me as you know my mother died on the 26 april i have a daughter 6 with aspergers dx the 12 of april the thing is she dose not understand that nana is gone when we had the funrel we picked her up from school and took her to my mothers we explained to her that there would be a lot of people there i would not take her were there is a load of people but i need to bethere for my father she behaved like a dog growling and hideing she hit my brother in the face and would not let anyone toch her as anyone been thow this any help please all the best jill

so sorry to hear your news-im not sure of advice other than trying to explain in simple terms whats happened.

i recently have started taking my sons to church and im now trying to explain the best i can about jesus and god ect........

as its hard concept for my boy to understand [i guess any children really]

i tryed explaining you can talk to god anytime you want and he can always hear you ect............... to which my son replied " but mum you have to open the window so i can shout to him" ect...and "whys he not coming down then ""hes not hear i cant see him".

so i bought some little simple books to try and explain-also one about dieing and what happens ect.............

i sound bit morbid -sorry - im sure hes taking some of it in even if its in his own way .

her behaviour is understandable as shes going to have to deal with a big change.

A book might be a good idea..........you could try amazon see what they,ve got,thinking of you jill >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi board

sorry to hear of your loss.Could you try pictures very simple one like the PECS or visual dairies??

love lisa

Hi Board,

Thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

Don't really know what advice to offer - my daughter was 4 when her grandfather died and although she seemed indifferent at the time - since then she frequently talked about him - but wouldn't walk past his house (and still won't now - she's 12).

Take care,

Jb

Hello Jill,

Sorry to hear your having such a difficult time >:D<<'>

I'm certain i read a link here some time ago about explaining death to an ASD child..... I'll try to find it for you. >:D<<'>