Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Out of my depth

Does anyone else feel like this?

I'm in the process of trying to sort things out for Luke. I've spent so long dealing with William's situation that I haven't had the space or time to deal with Luke's problems which in some respects, regarding accademic ability, are far worse or just as bad as William.

I feel completely swamped and frustrated. The school don't respond to my letters. They have this robotic mantra 'Luke is fine, Luke is fine'. I've got massess of paperwork, piles of photocopying to do,loads of letters to send off, William off school, washing and ironing, shopping to do, the house to tidy up and I feel utterly swamped.

I've just rang PP and they are going to ring me back. Historically they never return my calls. Our LEA officer is on holiday until the middle of next week.

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Sorry I needed that!

Lauren

PS, the one good thing is Ian Jordan's reports on both boys with some pleasingly damning comments on the level of support they have so far had (or lack there of!!!) :devil: My mouth is watering as I add these to the piles of paperwork I'm preparing to send off. :devil:

God Lauren know exactly how you feel. No sooner do I think I have my ds's problems under control then everything goes pear shaped for dd. I become involved in ridiculous postal tennis games with the school and LEA. Meanwhile ignoring my eldest NT son who wants to quit school and my eldest dd in Germany having a bad time. As for DH well he doesn't get a look in at the moment. ;) You know we will just plough our way through it all :thumbs: Hope you get everything sorted

Yes Lauren i know what you mean! >:D<<'>

What with having to fight fight fight and fight some more for Lewis's needs to be met and then fight for his educational placement i didn't realise just how much Jamie was stuggleing at High school with his Maths. So the phonecalls began and he is now being tested for Dyscalculia (aftyer much wittering on about broken software needed to test him :angry: ) i am now going to see his Ed Psyche who will see him this term "if he can" :angry: but i am going to get them to apply for Jamie to use a calculator in his exams, they are fast approaching! That and seeing to the Baby and tidying up the house and washing and the endless (and thankless) task of ironing it all it seems endless. I get very cheesed off, i spend a lot of the day tidying up when they all go to School and Work and then they come home again and its trashed, just dropping everything where they stand. Time to start flareing the nostrils again (works like magic, they all know they're in trouble when the nostrils go!!)

So yes i do know how swamped your feeling. I could say, take it easy and try and get some time out for yourself but the reality is there aren't enough hours in the day!!

I shall send some of these your way though >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thanks for the replies and support >:D<<'>

I did post an update but I think it was one of the many that disappeared after Thursday night.

I spoke to pp and she was really helpful. After giving her some information she suggested I 'launch a two pronged attack'. So.... I sent a letter to the HT/SENCO requesting an IEP (the HT 'doesn't do paperwork') and for a full ed psych assessment; I copied the ed psych report from the dyslexia institute and Ian Jordan's report on his assessment of Luke. I also sent a letter to the LEA requesting a stat assessment and enclosed a copy of everything I'd sent to the HT.

Thanks for all the support and I'll keep you posted.

Lauren XX