phasmid

Comments and suggestions for the forum:

You know how topics move down the list the less people post in them? Well 'pinned' topics always stay at the top even if no-one posts in them. Ta da

Ah, it makes so much sense now!! Cheers for that. :P

~ Mel ~

I may be totally wrong on this, but does the search facility work primarily on thread titles? I can often remember a phrase I used within a post but often forget the title. Can sometimes spend ages looking for a thread to see if it's been updated. 'View new posts' helps, though.

Hi Call me jaded

Sorry I missed this question before.

The search works on a minimum of four letters but searches titles and the body of the post as well.

Give it a go by searching a word in the body of the text of a post that is not in the title and you will see it works.

Regards

Lufty

Hi all

I have not been on the forum for many months due to ill health.

However i have to say that I personally feel that listening to many of the members when my son first had a diagnosis, frightened me to death and caused me to feel even more despair.

I think that there should be a warning about the frankness or maybe that the experience of others will not necessarily be your experience, because i believed that my son was going to have a life of absolute misery , which is not the case.

I have had to fight for resources but my son is a very happy child and your forum seems to focus always on the bleak and almost hopeless side of ASD.

I had to phyisicaly stop myself from going on your site as i became so depressed.I have instead become a member of several steering groups in the Scottish Executive to address ASD, and feel that my contribution will help many people within Scotland.

I understand that many people need a place to discuss thier experiences , but i also feel that there should be some evidence of responsibility , in respect of info available to parents who are new to this.

I know that i will not be very popular with this but i feel that i had to say it ............sorry

tess

I would like a way of knowing what a thread is about without having to open it, particularly if people don't fill in the subtitle giving a reasonable description. On some forums when you hover over a thread, the first post will be displayed for a short time which is just long enough to preview it. This is a huge help if you are in a hurry, or if your computer takes a long time to load pages, either because you are on dial-up or because your broadband is a bit clunky (like mine!)

I don't agree with tess that the board as a whole is depressing, and quite often people will post a scenario which sounds like it is grim, only to find that a lot of other people have come through similar situations, or have very helpful advice to offer. If the thread was tagged as a depressing one, then people like tess could miss out on very useful information because they have been deterred by the original marking. Surely it is easy enough to judge whether you want to keep reading about something by the first few sentences of the first post?

Something I don't understand is why when I click on my username (aspiemum2twinsplus1) the page that comes up (I think its called the personal portal) has Norfolk Broads under aspiemum2twinsplus1. I've never been there ever in my entire life so there is no reason I would have put it in any form so I've no idea why it is there. Also there is no way to remove it either. :unsure:

Something I don't understand is why when I click on my username (aspiemum2twinsplus1) the page that comes up (I think its called the personal portal) has Norfolk Broads under aspiemum2twinsplus1. I've never been there ever in my entire life so there is no reason I would have put it in any form so I've no idea why it is there. Also there is no way to remove it either. :unsure:

Hi,

It's just an indication of your posting status (i.e. how many posts you have made), nothing to do with where you are from. Check out This thread on mountains for more info and to see that you're not the only confused sole. You will soon be moving anyway, as soon as your total number of posts reached double figures :) The higher the mountain, the less of a life the poster has. :whistle: