Sign in to follow this  
jomarie

Delighted

Well it seems many of us are enjoying little ways that our kids are moving on, I've been delighted this week that M has had a friend from school coming round to play with him all week. He's been so pleased about it, they've been playing on the ps2 & he's coping really well, apart from a few instances when I've heard his voice getting louder when they've reached a difficult bit. Luckily, me just popping my head round the door & telling him to calm down has worked to settle him :D

I must confess to finding myself welling up when I've seen the joy on his face as they've ran upstairs :tearful:

especially when me & dp were trying to find out what was wrong with his DS & found that his welcome note on it was 'I want a friend' :crying:

But we're all feeling a little bit more positive at the moment, he's going to school 4 days a week for the rest of the term as we've finally got sorted with CAMHS & he's having one session a week with his therapist, & due to the fact that we have to travel on public transport to the hospital (with M & the 2 lil uns under 3 :blink: ) the school have agreed to him just having a full day off :clap:

So fingers crossed we'll continue to make good progress :pray:

Thats great news Jomarie, it does make you all emotional when our little aspies are socializing and having fun... Holding thumbs for you for when he goes back to school...

Similar here! C is rocking happily in his bedroom singing at full throttle 'Happy Henry-Coming-Round Day to Me', to the tune of Happy Birthday. because his mate Henry is visiting in half an hour (god I hope he doesn't cancel!).

Hmm, guess he really ought to put some clothes on, all the same...

Lxx