Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frangipani

Ffffff freezing in Sydney this morning :o

Guest hallyscomet

Hi over there,

How are you all, winter has certainly set in over here, they say Sydney is experiencing Melbourne weather which is usually colder than Sydney.

They say a top of 14C today but indoors it feels like 6 C hands are sooo cold I can hardly type, need to wear gloves :rolleyes: I guess I haven't climatized yet.

Cooking some lovely winter soups and muffins to warm the house up........ I love snuggling up indoors but I dooo love that warm sun, rainy wet windy and cold all this weekend............bbbbrrrrr. Its snowing at Mt Kosciousko so the chill facter is in the air. :sick:

Whats it like over there at the moment.

How are you all what have you been up to...... would love to hear from you.

H. >:D<<'>

Edited by hallyscomet

Hi Halleycomet.

I'm in Melbourne and I was thinking the other day how cold it's getting! I reckon it's colder now than at the same time as last year.

Where about in Sydney do you live?

Eva

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Eva,

Another Aussie :cheers: Welcome to the forum. >:D<<'> there are not many Aussies on here how did you find it.

I live on the Northern Beaches, where abouts in Melbourne are you.

Again welcome, its nice to see a few Aussies on here, dont you agree, there are nothing like this forum in Aussie. :(>:D<<'>

Have a great weekend.

Hailey :)

Edited by hallyscomet

Hi!

Sorry for spelling your name wrong! Nice to meet you.

I live in Thornbury which is now dubbed 'inner-city' by real estate agents but that's pushing it a bit.

I've been to Sydney a few times, I know Lane Cove, Narremburn, (that's where my grandparents lived), Manly, Bad Moral beach, and Chatswood. In fact I went over in April for a relative's birthday and everytime I go I'm amazed at how tropical Sydney really is. (And how fast people drive over there. Melbournians are slower but more aggressive and mean-spirited on the road).

I found this site a couple of months ago - stumbled across it really. It's great, I've learnt heaps. And the people are very supportive and welcoming. I have a look at a Queensland forum from time to time too. Do you know that one?

A friend of ours spent a year in Katoomba (probably spelt that wrong) and he seems a bit scarred from the experience.

Better go and dish up the boys' dinner. I made meatballs and am feeling very virtuous.

See ya,

Eva

Guest hallyscomet
I've been to Sydney a few times, I know Lane Cove, Narremburn, (that's where my grandparents lived), Manly, Bad Moral beach, and Chatswood. In fact I went over in April for a relative's birthday and everytime I go I'm amazed at how tropical Sydney really is. (And how fast people drive over there. Melbournians are slower but more aggressive and mean-spirited on the road).

See ya,

Eva

:lol::lol: Thats so funny :lol::lol: Bad Moral beach, its actually called Balmoral beach. I know Lane Cove well learned to swim in that pool, Naremburn :lol: know the school with the huge church steeple in Willoughby Road, Stands out like a sore thumb.

Small world. Have you always lived in Melbourne

Hailey

Edited by hallyscomet

Hailey

I'll tell you how we do it over here. We grumble when it's cold. :huh: We grumble when it's hot. :huh:

That's how we do it!!! :lol:

Lauren X

Hi Hailey and welcome Eva.

I can hardly believe it but the sun is actually shining over here and things are at last starting to warm up. It has been a miserable May. As soon as the water companies issued a drought warning the heavens opened, the temperature went down and it was cold, wet and miserable.

Sorry to hear its cold in Sydney......now where did we put the barbeque.

Love Loraine

xx

Hi HC glad to see you back. Its been really wet, cold and miserable here. Sun is shining today no doubt we will all be complaining about being too hot soon. Glad you cleared up the bit about Bad Moral beach :o Eva I was imagining allsorts of things going on :) I much prefer the name to Balmoral which reminds me of less than attractive members of the Royal family in kilts :sick:

We've got about 22 degrees of sunshine here, but 14 degrees thats nothing, try getting into the minuses then you'll feel the chill :lol: 14 is a good day here usually. My kids keep asking when it is going to snow again :lol:

I can't understand all this thing about lack of water, not as if we live somewhere that gets really hot and it has rained for ages.

Thanks for the weather update, Hallyscomet. My younger ds has just arrived in Sydney for the final leg of his Gap Year travels. He's had fantastic weather in Mew Zealand and was laughing at me suggesting he had some warm clothes. Sounds like it was worth his while buying a warm coat!!

Yoyo

Guest hallyscomet
Hi HC glad to see you back. Its been really wet, cold and miserable here. Sun is shining today no doubt we will all be complaining about being too hot soon. Glad you cleared up the bit about Bad Moral beach :o Eva I was imagining allsorts of things going on :) I much prefer the name to Balmoral which reminds me of less than attractive members of the Royal family in kilts :sick:

:lol::lol:

Good to be back LKS >:D<<'> I know it gets in the minus's over there, I just cant imagine what that must be like, but obviously your homes are designed to cope with it. We get a cold winter every 4 years and its only 10 -14 in the days.......the shops dont stock the really warm winter gear you sell over there. It been years since I considered buying thermal undergarments :lol::lol: think I will go and buy some Ug boots to wear around the house. :whistle::rolleyes:

H.