Sign in to follow this  
lisann

What do you do when

Hi all

Been out shopping today which we normally don't do but had to today.We where at a local retail park and Char announsed " Need a POO" :o

Right then I said to hubby action stations cause when he says he needs to go we have around 5 mins to get to the toilet.We charged to the assistant and asked where the toilet was to be told

The nearest toilet is 10 mins drive love at a well know fast food place :wacko:

I was both shocked and disgusted that there where no toilets I said look my son is disabled he was in his major mclaren so thought it would be easier than it normaly is.The bl**dy woman said oh right love well you better drive quickly then.We knew Char really needed to go so I couldn't argue but hell how bad is it that there where no toilets.My poor boy was sat crying holding his bottom in pain and I couldn't do anything.He won't poo in a nappy but luckly we did get to the loo in time. Shouldn't stores have disabled loos or is it something I am just wishing they have?????

Lisa x

Most retail outlets are like that now, the only place with a toilet is a fast food place, most cafes don't even have one. And will they hell under any circumstances let you use the staff ones.

Problem then is fast food outlets won't let you use them without being a customer as they get loads of people in just using the toilets.

Even the Metro Centre is quite bad now as they have reduced the amount of toilets.

Edited by lil_me

Tell me about it lil me......recently went to Metro Centre and couldn't find the loo's for love nor money :( Then managed to find some, but it was ladies, not gents...so dh not happy :( Lisa, encountered similar probs aswell. Not good. You just expect a certain level of understanding, which sadly, isn't always forthcoming :(

Yes Metro is a nightmare for it, coz of my problems I get very little warning and didn't mind going there before as was plenty of loos, but now we don't go often because of that

Another one thats bad, the local hospital, when I was in my neice visited, had to walk for 15 minutes to nearest loo, she was only 3 at the time and couldn't wait that long, snook her into the patient ones, got told off but better than a piddle on the floor IMO

Think if someone refused to let my toddler use the loo somewhere I would be tempted to let them do it on the floor just to prove a point.

Ignorance isn't in it, when a kids gotta go they gotta go

I used to carry around those portable potties when M was training..... :whistle: They have two choices then... 1) I sit him down there, and then, in the middle of the shop.. :o .. Or 2) They let me use the loos..... :whistle::D

I've had this problem with my son many times, (he has Ulcerative Colitis)when ya gotta go ya gotta go and in his case he has to go now there is no time for squabbling with sales assistants.. Once i told the assistant that she could either help me out or clean up you know what off the shop floor. She obliged, i did have a lady follow me once and stood outside the toilet just incase i did not steal anything, poor kid was so desperate for the toilet that he did not care she was waiting outside. I was once told that as customers we are not insured to use the loo's.

i now have a "cant wait card" from the National Chrons and Colitis society which helps out alot, another good option is to maybe get a radar key but thats if you can find a disabled toilet.

I know what it,s like when they gotta go.....I carry a potty in the car and use it all the time for my lot :dance: ............not just my as son, but my youngest gives very little warning so we frequently have to dash back to use the potty.

fast food outlets won't let you use them without being a customer as they get loads of people in just using the toilets.

That's called a "McSh*t."