karin

is your children like this?

since i have came to this forum everyone on here has encouraged me an supported me with everything i have asked them about aspergers,although my twins have no official diagnosis (an probably never will) i have began to notice a lot about my twins,the oldest twin does not know when he is hunry i will give you an example or 2 about 2 xmas's ago we went to xmas eve mass as we do every year he hardly ate anything excitment an all that well about 2o'clock in the morning he got up an my eldest had just came in from a party an said why are you up? he said he had a sore tummy,he then put him to bed,next he was up at 4o'clock i got up an said the same he again gave the same answer (he wasn't interested in his xmas pressies) it turns out it was hunger with him,well 2 years down the line we are still the same he was up on saturday at 4.20am with the same problem sore tummy and turns out he was hungry,my point is if i dont feed my 2 or tell them to eat they would starve to death,i dont think that is normal do you?i realise the reason they eat at school is because all the other children do the same,they are underweight and are not growing as they should,now i realise why they perform well at school as they dont want to stand out from the crowd that is why school keep looking at me like i am on drugs or something please give your opinions to me i would value all points i feel so lost at times and want some pointers on this one keep smilin luv karin :(:(:(

Sam does not appear to 'feel' hunger.

He cannot link the 'feeling' in his tummy with the lack of food entering into his mouth.

I canot get him to eat easily. I managed to get him to agree to one meal a day after i hauled out an indepth medical textbook and ran through how food is converted to fuel to make his 'engine {body} work and help his brain to think bt that is honestly as far as I have managed to get with him in 10 years.

Sam will never see food as fun or truly twig that twinge is hunger.

Al I can do is teach him to eat once a day by rote and cheer if he will accept even a mouthful of anything else in 24 hours. :(

Our son, who is 6 years old to an extent is the opposite as he gets quite obsessional about foods for instance for the last 2 months he wants constantly chocolate ice cream in a cone (at least 4 a day more if he could get it) fab lollies, chocolate mini yoghurts, aero choc bars,and cups of tea the condition is that he has to have breakfast (coco pops only no milk) and lunch and dinner of my choice within reason (he doesnt like any gravys or sauces on dinners) but when it comes to going to the toilet he forgets :lol: all the time i have to remember him constantly and he can go all day with no drink and no toilet unless i tell him to have a drink and go to the toilet he would forget both :lol::lol:

jayne xx

Hi Karin

I posted about this just a few days ago. Logan definitely doesn't recognise hunger - he's never cried because he's hungry and just eats when he's fed. He doesn't eat much when he does eat either. I just make sure he gets the right vitamins etc.

Lynne x

We're having the opposite problem at the moment - M is constantly asking for food (usually fruit). I don't think he registers when he's full - until he has a tummy ache. But, he never asks for a drink - and needs reminding to drink something.

The 'constantly asking for food' has been since he began Melatonin.... anyone else found that link??

"I" is constantly hungry too, undecided if its attention seeking/boredom behaviour (usually around the shops) or her Epilim (which can cause weight gain)

Anna x

hi smileymab my 2 have had melatonin for a year and still dont want to eat,today we had to go to the doctors and what a palaver twin1 would not get dressed or washed and refused to go,they went for a check up for their melatonin he asked me if they still needed it i told him if they weren't to get it i would bring them round to him an he could look after them as they would go back to 4 hours sleep a nite i have also demanded that they both be sent for a chromosone test to see if there are any faults in the chromosones,their younger brother went for one today as he is only 7 but is 4ft6in tall which is the height of a 10year old child keep smilin luv karin :D:D:D