Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Anyone seen my hero in a half shell?

Lost my bl*$dy tortoise. :unsure: He went outside on Wednesday and we haven't seen him since. We put him out when the weather is nice but when it gets cold or wet he buries himself and comes out when the sun comes out. The longest he has been missing before is overnight. I hope he comes back soon, missing the little dude. :tearful::ninja:

Edited by Viper

Found him. :dance: He's busy chomping in the garden now. Found him sunning himself in a pile of stones.

By the way thought you might be interested to know what his name is, here goes, Herbert sherbert toffee fudge victor norbert **** (our surname) Don't ask why, it's a story as long as his name. :lol:

Hi Viper,

Im pleased to hear he made his way home. Great name.

You brought back memories of my childhood tortoise. He was for ever escaping and my Dad painted his name and our house number in red paint on his shell. He still managed to live an adventurous life and people were forever knocking on the front door with Fred under their arm. We now know that it was cruel to paint him but at the time it was the done thing.

Lorainexx

When i was a kid my tortoise wandered into the next door garden and got mauled by their dog.

My dad repaired him with that plastic padding stuff you do car body work with and drilled a little hole in the back of his shell so he could be tethered in the garden - even more cruel but he didn't seem to mind and lived a long and happy (I hope) life.

Zemanski

I really don't know how to stop him disapearing. He's gone again now. I think he will be ok, he can't get out anywhere. I know people used to paint them and drill holes in the shell but as you have said we now know they have feelings in their shells. Maybe a tiny chain around his leg like an elephant. Or I could fix one of those key finding alarm round his neck. :lol:

At least in the winter he lives in his vivarium and I know where he is.