2pink2blue

Arghhhhh

B has been, how shall we say, very 'challenging' this week both at home and at school. it really has been hard work but nothing new and everything has been copeable (I know thats not a reall word!) with.

Tonight she has had a major tantrum and put her foot through one of the glass panels in the front door :crying: I'm in total shock! She has lost it before and mostly stomps and throws things, also on occassion kicked me but this somehow seems worse.

Have to say she's fine and had shoes on so hasn't done herself any damage and the door can be fixed but I'm just so :o

I know why the tantrum started and probably could have handled things differently but she really went for it tonight. I was more upset that she doesn't think she has done anything wrong...probably won't now until she wakes up in the morning. She said it was my fault for making her angry... :crying:

Pointless post really just wanted to tell someone who might understand.

Auriel once put his bum through the reinforced glass panel at the bottom of our front door (he was about 7 or 8) during a meltdown over putting his shoes on for school.

Then he tore strips off us on Health and Safety grounds...we should have had 'safer' glass in the door :o

Boho :rolleyes:

>:D<<'> Always a shock when they do serious damage, especially so after the incident and you think what could have happened.

Of course you aren't to blame for making her angry, it is just the way she sees it. I'm sure you handled things as well as you could at the time, and once they are in that type of mood, I doubt any change of the way you handled it would make much difference.

Pleased to hear she is ok tho, could have caused her a nasty injury. Hopefully she'll awake in a better mood in the morning.

Thanks All :D

It's all calmed down here, all children in bed and I've stopped shaking!!!

It is the fact that it's the first time she has caused any major damage, and the what ifs to causing damage to herself are quite worrying. I know what she did is just her reacting to how she feels but phew glad its nearly bed time!

Thanks again.