Sign in to follow this  
ChrisKAB

A level DT project.

Hi again :)

I am doing A Level Systems and Control DT for my studies at 6th form. And so i have to design a working product, now it can be anything. Taking some inspiration from a project i saw at Cardiff University, which was designed to help Autistic Childrens development, i decided to try and make a working product to help Autistic children. It may seem odd that an 18 year old with Asperger Syndrome can't think of a project to help those similar to him, but, i thought it would be easier, more beneifical, and simple, to ask those people with Autism, or Parents who have Autistic children, what they feel would help make life easier for them and the kids, now it has to be a working project, relying on circuits and electronics, it does not have to be complicated. I just wonder if there are any ideas what you could hit me with so i could develop and use, and hopefully turn into a worthy A grade. So i would appreciate all ideas or suggestion for a product to be posted here. If so i would be most greatful and happy. :lol:

With regards

Chris :party:

This might be a totally bizarre suggestion, but I am not entirely sure how wide your remit of "helpful to parents and kids" is.

You see, I think a really interesting toy might be the way to go. It's quite difficult sometimes to buy something that you know for a fact will entertain your child. I know we've bought things we think he will love - a very expensive Furby springs to mind - but he was totally uninterested.

Then we bought a cheap "light flashing" type thing at a bonfire night party & he played with the bloomin thing until it broke.

At the moment his fascination is with daddy's mobile phone - he loves the fact that it plays different tunes & flashes whilst it does so. We've scoured the shops for something similar, but alas to no avail.

So, I guess I am suggesting a toy - something with buttons, flashing lights & music. It's not "helpful" in that it helps with any difficulties or supports any interventions, but it is helpful in that it would entertain the child for a while & give mum & dad a short break!

TOTALLY OFF THE WALL...........but here goes............an igloo...........white type pod thingy like sitting inside a big blow-up bean bag..............with some sort of light effect inside..............a built -in x-box .............drinks dispenser..........should be a doddle :P

seriously the toy sounds like a good idea..........my son lovesmagnets, paperclips,wheels,and something on it that you can chew :lol: