Sign in to follow this  
board

change

my dd 6 gets dla for asthma do i have to tell them she as aspergers as well she was dx on the 12 of april been waiting to see wrp to help with froums sence then dose it matter i havend told them yet or should i tell them anyone been through this and what was the out come please all the best jill

Id just phone them up and see if you need to tell them theyll be able to advise yer.

I was told as a child that i was autistic. sometimes it would help me realise thats why i had a 1:1 support at school, cos i was a bit different and special to everyone else and it was called autism. ive grown out of it a lot now, which is good, but i have higher functioning autism (basically aspergers)

Hi it would certainly be worth telling DLA if you think your child has extra needs that were not included when you applied.There may be things that you have noticed.You may find that you could get more money.Karen

Hi Board,

I don't know if you need to tell them but I definitely think as Karen says that if you do tell them you may be awarded more. I have only recently applied for my daughter she's nearly 13 and only diagnosed at the end of last year. She too is asthmatic and I read off one of the other posts that when you fill in the forms to put down everything which I did.

Good luck,

Take care,

Jb

why do we have random place names by our log in names?? its been confusin me...

Hayden,

I've sent you a PM to explain.

Kathryn.