Sign in to follow this  
brooke

asd

Hi

I have 3 boys my first son O, 5 has asd. My second J, 2 is ok my last G is 1 and im starting to panic. :crying: From what i can remember of O he seems very similar his behavior is very destuctive already. He doesnt seem to understand simple things like NO! I know it could be his age but i just have a bad feeling. Everyone is saying hes fine but they said that about O too. I dont know wheather im just being paronoid this is what im hoping but im just getting into a state about it i just wish i knew. :unsure:

I dont want to waste peoples time i mean i did think J might be the same at one point and hes not but when you have one with a diagnosis its hard not to look out for similar trates. Just needed to get it off my chest to people who will understand.

Brooke

Hi

I have 3 boys my first son O, 5 has asd. My second J, 2 is ok my last G is 1 and im starting to panic. :crying: From what i can remember of O he seems very similar his behavior is very destuctive already. He doesnt seem to understand simple things like NO! I know it could be his age but i just have a bad feeling. Everyone is saying hes fine but they said that about O too. I dont know wheather im just being paronoid this is what im hoping but im just getting into a state about it i just wish i knew. :unsure:

I dont want to waste peoples time i mean i did think J might be the same at one point and hes not but when you have one with a diagnosis its hard not to look out for similar trates. Just needed to get it off my chest to people who will understand.

Brooke

I think Mothers have the intutition when it comes to their offspring, just be aware and write down anything that concerns you so that you have a record from an early age in case it is needed at a later date. We all think we can remember milestones but its easy to get muddled up when times pases by.

>:D<<'>

Hi yes just keep yor eye on the child and log everything in case you need it at a later date but most of all don't worry dx or not it is still the same child

Lisa

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Brooke,

It is common to have a few kids with the condition, but remember if you do, you will handle it so much better than the first, like when you have a second child. I know many mums with 3 children with the condition and they love them to bits, they are just a bit different and normal. Early intervention will see them through and I also agree with what the others are saying, but also take this information to a Paediatrician, and remember sometimes at this age they can have a food intolerance that can mimic ASD and this may be the culprit.

Be strong and remember we are here for you if you need some support >:D<<'>

All the best

H. :)

Edited by hallyscomet

Thanks everyone

Ive seen the HV today and she is referring him to my eldist sons pead i hope im just being paronoid but at least i have voiced my concerns and if he does have asd il find out sooner or later.

The edpych said to me if he has asd there is nothing you can do to change that, if he has it he has it which bizarrly made me feel better. I think just because you know no matter what you sometimes blame yourself or at least i do. You just have to get on with though dont you!!!

Brooke, good luck with it. We've just arranged for our eldest dd (8) to be referred to our youngest dd's pead, because we are concerned she may have AS. Our youngest is 5 (ASD). The appointment in beg Aug. We've been sitting on our concerns for a long time, and decided to get her properly assessed, so we can either deal with it, or put it to bed if it turns out there is little to be concerned over. I feel that you have done the right thing, and the worry would of stayed with you if you hadn't of requested a referral. Take care >:D<<'>