Sign in to follow this  
clair

IEP Reports

Hi Can anyone just answer a question for my sis in law?

Do you get IEP meetings in secondary school? If so How many a year do you have? My sis in law has only her son's statement review this year. I thought you had one every term or is this just primary schools. Any help on this matter would be great. Thanks Clair :rolleyes:

Best to start by asking the school for a copy of their SEN Policy - this shoudl detail their procedures, including re: IEP's. The school may however, not actually follow their Policy.

R's secondary school's policy is 4 years out of date and says IEP's will be written and reviewed termly. He has been there two years and has only had 2 and I had to ask for a copy of them, adn I still haven't had a copy of them with outcome completed. I was not consulted about them. Recently they told me they weren't doing IEP's aymore, except for children with statements, and that the target set each term and written in their planner (except they are not!) are now theri IEP's. One of R's is to think about what options he wants to take in Yr 10!

Karen

Hi I believe and correct me someone if I am wrong that they should be reveiwed at least 2 times a year but pref' every term.

Lisa