Sign in to follow this  
oracle

Sharing Info

Should she have been asked if she was OK for the School to get a copy of the notes?

Oracle

Absolutelty, they are bang out of order doing this, what about patient confindentiality and all that, they should not have sent any info with out her say so.... I do feel so sorry for her!!!

Hi Oracle,

It doesn't sound right to me. I would like to think that the consultation would remain confidential unless permission had been given by Mum.

The Information Commissioner's Office are very helpful. They should be able to give you the legal take on it.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/eventual.aspx

Annie

xx

Adam's letter have been copied to the us, the GP, SALT, HV file, OT, Ed Psych and his early Yrs preschool teacher in the past. I think they routinely just go to anyone employed by health (so GP, SALT, HV), the ones to LEA employees were about his diagnosis and then about statementing. I would have thought there were issues about confidentiality in copying letters to schools as they are not covered by the same patient confidentiality rules as the health service

Lx