Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

Anyone know about this please?

As many of you will know we obtained a draft statement for Ben at the weekend and we are currently seeking advice before writing with comments/asking to meat with LEA officer.I have just worked out [a bit slow I know :D:D ]that the 15 days we have will be up on Sat at start of summer holidays.Anyone know what will happen? Do the deadlines stop and restart in September?Thanks Karen

As many of you will know we obtained a draft statement for Ben at the weekend and we are currently seeking advice before writing with comments/asking to meat with LEA officer.I have just worked out [a bit slow I know :D:D ]that the 15 days we have will be up on Sat at start of summer holidays.Anyone know what will happen? Do the deadlines stop and restart in September?Thanks Karen

Hiya

We went through the statementing process at the summer holiday time as well last year.

I was told by the teachers that its not done through the holidays and then told that the lea do work through the hols.

The difficult bit is getting hold of the school during the hols. I think our teachers concerned couldnt be bothered really.

It did go through in the end and only one part was a few days behind schedule.

Ring them up and ask..

xx

Hi Karen,

The following link from IPSEA may help

http://www.ipsea.org.uk/sevenfixes.htm#AskingforMeeting

Scroll to 'Asking for a meeting to discuss your childs proposed statement and expressing a prference for a school'. It includes a model letter too.

If you need any help checking the statement, click on IPSEA's home page from the above link. They have a helpline. They are busy, but please keep trying, they are brilliant :clap:

Annie

xx

Edited by annie

Thanks.I will try and get through to IPSEA.Just spoke to the LEA.Looks like we have the same situation as you Trance LEA will have staff in but school won't.Karen.

IPSEA is 'shut' today. I tried calling them earlier and they are only open on Wednesday and Friday this week. I'm assuming because quite alot of kids have broken up already. My dd broke up last Friday.

Lauren

Hi Karen,

I'm in the same situation - ish. I'm waiting to hear if LEA are going to proceed with the statement (ooohhhh they better!!! :angry::lol: ) ......... but it is all going to be happening during the hols if they so - I asked my sons EP and she's doing her 'bit' now, as she knows nothing will be done without it, and nothing will be done after end of July..............

Might be worth giving the EP/School a gentle reminder - just to make sure.. :devil: