Sign in to follow this  
onlycrazygal

prosecution pending....

i applied for legal aid about 7 weeks ago as im taking Local Authority to Judicial Review......anyway within a fortnight it had been refused and my solicitor appealed it straight away. Hes sent them four quite pleading letters explaining that my case is a very strong one and is of a most urgent nature.

Now ive recieved another letter that my sol has sent to the appeal board stating that if they dont reply soon or refuse my appeal i am highly likely to be prosecuted for alleged violation of Section 444 of the education act 1996. i wasnt aware this was possible, if this go s ahead i could very well lose my son, despite a clear diagnosis which explains his abscences from school.....this is madness.

any thoughts on this would be well appreciated....thanks,

hugs,

paula x :pray::pray::pray:

Hi Paula -

I'm no way qualified to offer any advice on this and wouldn't even think about doing so, but I would say your solicitor seems to be 'on the case'. so speak to him/her first thing in the morning and find out what the implications of that 'threat' are and the liklihood of it being acted upon (and by acted upon, I mean a prosecution of any description, not the taking of your child). My guess is the solicitor is pushing this angle to hurry through legal aid, but - in either event - it seems remiss that his/her letter to you doesn't 'flesh out' the implications for you

Very best in the morning

BD

This link provides further links to explanations of the various parts of the education act you mention. Without knowing the reasons why they are taking this action it is difficult to know where else to point you. As you are already taking legal advice I'd stick with them and get them to guide you over this.

Rather than you could your son not apply for legal aid?

cheers guys,

the reason it seems they seek prosecution is that their LA doctor said there was nothing wrong with my son and sparked a core assessment on the grounds of msbp......but as some of you know i sought an independant consultant who assessed him and i also managed to aquire my own video evidence, based upon his findings i have a diagnosis, which would therefore imply the local authority are at fault here as they still refuse to assess my son as do the ss.....however they refuse to take the independant doctors view on board and insist that their doctors word is final.....which makes me look guilty of keeping my child off school and fabricating his difficulties.......

thanks for the link phasmid, and a big thanks to everyone else, feel like im balancing on a knife edge at present,

hugs all,

paula >:D<<'>

Hi Paula,

Can't offer any advice as I know absolutely nothing about this kind of thing - but just wanted to say good luck - hope you get some answers soon.

Take care,

Jb