Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

A bit of an update

As you know, I sent Louis to his fathers for the holidays.

I'm still not happy with my decision, but I do now feel totally that yes, it was the right decision.

I spoke to his father on Saturday, who said that Louis is ok. He has had a couple of off days, won't go to bed until the whole house does, and got bored after an hour out one day (an hour - that was good for Louis!), but for the most part is doing well. There were no reports of any violence etc. which is good.

I am a bit annoyed that the money I gave his father to help out with food/outings, he spent taking 'Louis to Woolworths, and getting some DVDs - including Dr Who and Dukes of Hazards box sets'. Had to remind his father to screen the Dr Who one, as we are having a few problems with Louis and one of the characters in Dr Who (The Oood). They better come home with him!

And I even managed to speak to Louis!!!! (you probably know how hard it is to get a person with Aspergers to use the phone - Louis NEVER speaks on the phone!) I asked him if he was ok - 'Yes', asked him if he was enjoying himself 'yes', I said that his father mentioned he was taking him to Bristol and that it would be good going over the bridge 'yes'. 'I got a new bike. A BMX.' (I had already spoken to his Nanny who had told me they had done this as he had outgrown his old one and as we had had to do the same, I wasn't surprised, but he needs a 22inch bike which is massive and don't come with stabilisers) so I asked him (knowing that he had) 'have you fallen off yet? Like you have with your one at home?' 'Yes', But you got back on it though?' 'Yes'. He stopped answering my questions after that, but I was soooo pleased I got to speak to him, at least I know he is ok!

Spoke to his father again, who tried to call Louis back to the phone to say goodbye, but he wouldn't. - Back to the Louis I know and Love! :D

As for my other kids, they really are reaping the benefits from Louis not being here for a while. They are happy again - my 6 year old has started giving me hugs again, and is starting to do his 'dances' when he is happy, and he laughs more. My 4 year old is the same. Is starting to eat more, and is seeming happier that he can play what he wants, when he wants without someone continuously spoiling it. They are ecstatic that we can do 'normal' things like taking them to the park on their bikes, or taking them out for a meal without worrying what time/where to go/what to eat etc.

I'm not sying it is all roses - I have 4 year old and 6 year old boys at home, so yes they fight - but by God, their fights are so much easier and last a damn site less than when Louis is here.

So in conclusion. Yes, sending Louis to his fathers was one of the most heart-rendingly difficult desicions I have every made (so far in life), but it was the right one. I miss him like crazy, still feel guilty about sending him, but we are ALL so much happier for the time out.

fiorelli xx

Aw mate, don't feel guilty! It's not as if you have packed him off to some army camp or something mate!! He's spending some time with his dad, that's all.

Enjoy the break, recharge the old batteries. Yes, you'll all miss him but that's good & means you can enjoy him more when he comes back.