Sign in to follow this  
bjkmummy

question re dla - how often is it paid

firstly than you everyone - after reading about lots of peoples experiences re dla and how to complete the forms i was awarded it last friday. i am shocked ot say we got the higher rate for care and mobility!!!! even nicer shock was the backdated award for ?2000!!!!!!!

however it doesnt make it clear in the letter if you get it weekly, monthly, 4 weekly????? does anyone know????????

Hi bjkmummy,

Well done :clap::thumbs: .

I'm just in the process of filling in my son's post 16 form, it says:-

Your Disability Living Allowance will be paid into the account every 4 week period.

Annie

xx

Edited by annie

Hi bjkmummy,

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Fantastic news!

I also got DLA largely because of the wonderful advice given on this forum. :thumbs:

I think ours is paid 4 weekly but I'm not absolutely sure. :huh: If it doesn't tell you somewhere on the letter you could ring them tomorrow to check.

Higher rate mobility means you can also apply for a Blue Badge, by the way.

K x

Mine is paid every 4 weeks.

High rate mobility also means you can get free car tax I believe.

Getting dla gives you extra premiums on child tax credit or IS if you get them.

Karen

Note for Annie.

IF you need to act as the 'named person' for your kid make sure they have included the application form for that with the re-application for over 16.

Otherwise the money is only paid straight to your child.

They forgot to send the right paperwork for that for Nathan.....so he was awarded the money but the DSS have been sitting on it for the past two months as the two sets of paperwork were not together.

* Free road tax only applies if the vehicle is registered in the name of the disabled person. See here

http://www2.careline.org.uk/Doc.asp?WSDOCID=195

DLA is normally paid four weekly.

It is normally paid to the parent untill the day a child becomes 16 then its paid directly to the disabled person unless you have sorted out being the 'named person' on their behalf.

That means the DSS send someone over to interview you and the eprson you care for to ensure that the disabled person has not been 'pressured' into signing over thier rights. *Which is a good idea but does make another hopp to jump through just as your sorting out post 16 provision*