Sign in to follow this  
Stephanie

Red Ears ...

I have posted about this before some time ago but when I do a search under "red ears" in the search thingy, nothing comes up.

Anyway .... my 5 year old occasionally, usually in the evening gets a bright red left ear. I thought it could have been from the heat of his bath etc, but we have noticed it red several times when the temperature has been colder and he hasn't had a bath etc. It doesn't seem to bother him but I wondered if it was diet related or if anyone elses ASD child had this.

He doesnt suffer ear infections or anything, and is in perfect health, he has a limited diet, which is quite gluten rich I suppose ... but his ear only shows up in the evenings after dinner, never after lunch etc?

Any ideas?

Hmmmmmmm....... Little monkey gets red ears.... :unsure:

Didn't realise there was a dietary link...... (That'll explain why someone noticed/commented on M's red ears a couple of times at Herne... I just thought that person was rambling like a mad thing.......... again :o:D:lol:)

Reminds me to bug GP for a referral - i was all set to nag away when the household came down with the dreaded lergy last month.......

Ta xx

Adam's red ears, only in the evenings, stopped when he removed all casein from his diet

Lx

Weird, since my son has been identified as probable AS ( 3 days ago) and is currently waiting for diagnosis, I have found a group of people who have kids just like mine. I thought my son was totally unique. It seems there are many more just like him runnng around with occasional bright red ears! ( evenings especially and in times of stress)

I best not read on lest my bubble be burst, I really thought he was the only one like him. Still its good to know im not alone.

i always wondered about trickys Jammie ears until one day during one of his m illions of meltdowns, i realised one of his "stimming" techniques is that he folds his ears, over and over! :D:D

Does anyone know if this is harmful in any way. My son gets red ears every night usually starting at the dinner table. His meal consists of some form of potato, sometimes chicken, and the odd carrot.

Which of these if any could be causing the problems?

He also eats the occasional piece of pasta/bread. Im not sure cutting out food would be practical in my sons case as anything different causes him to vomit even if the carrots are a little more cooked than usual or if the potato has a powdery texture but I guess it would be interesting to know.