Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

Help.Book on puberty etc for NT boys

Help please.We need to confess to being a bit slow on the uptake.Our [NT] son grew several inches,developed spots,has become a bit moody all of a sudden.As he is just 11 we have been rather slow..... :rolleyes::rolleyes: At some point today the penny dropped.Hence we need book ideas on puberty and teen male issues please.I know many of you will have been through this and will have some ideas.Thanks.Karen.

As I know I'll have to teach about such issues soon I have purchased a number of books on this area. Of the books I have purchased I think the best one is this:

Let's Talk About Sex

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lets-Talk-About-Ro...3480&sr=8-2

It covers each area of need in an informative but largely clean way. It also is interesting enough to hold the readers attention. I almost had a riot in a maths lesson as some of the students spotted it and I made the mistake of letting them have a quick look. They then wanted to keep looking instead of doing the work they were meant to be. This is a Year 9 class so it must be good. Not to mention I'm talking about a lower ability class. :) One of the science teachers is even talking about buying a copy after seeing mine. None of the other books I got are anywhere close.

One of the science teachers is even talking about buying a copy after seeing mine.

Fnar fnar!! It must be quite a rare specimen if they need a book to identify it! :lol::lol::lol:

By the way, i've got the musical version by Salt 'n' Peppa

Let's talk about sex, baby

Let's talk about you and me

Let's talk about all the good things

and the bad things

that may be... :dance:

Sorry - i really MUST grow up! I'll leave you in peace now

L&P

Bd :D

Edited by baddad

Have you heard of Steven Biddulph think that is the correct spelling. He has written many top sellors over here. A really good book especially for boys is 'Manhood' I found it really helpful for my son, many recommend that Dads read it too.

It would get 5 star rating, as do most of his other excellent books on Parenting.

:)

I have several of his excellent books on parenting and totally agree with you.

What good taste you have!