Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

Great excitement in our house!

L and her brother have been waiting for ages for this momentous day. When it arrived this morning, L unwrapped it and was able to have a few minutes' play before she went off to college - showing great restraint!

Unlike versions 1 and 2, this game can only be played on an X BOX 360 (thank you Microsoft! :wacko: ) which means we have had to spend rather a lot of money on one. Actually L bought it out of her own money, to be fair.

Now they are both glued to the screen and likely to be so for the rest of the weekend. :lol:

Any other Halo fans out there?

K x

ive not heard of it but steve is waiting for pro evolution soccer to come out next friday,hes counting the hours!!

Kathryn, amazingly I haven't heard of this, it's obviously one that bill hasn't showed a great deal of interest in! But it's nice to know that it's not just us who have this thing with games.... When one of Bill's games is due to be released it's like the count down to christmas in our house :lol:

Happy gaming!

flora X

Hi

My eldest bought it on wednesday and has even stopped playing World of Warcraft in favour of Halo - says it is the most awesome game ever!!!

Stella x

Nick loves halo 1 and 2 but as you say you have to buy a new version of the x box for halo 3, which we just cant afford, it is really unfair as Nick is desparate for halo 3!!. Roll on christmas as this will keep him quiet for a few weeks!!

Hi soraya

It is unfair, but that's how they make their money, isn't it. :wacko: We would have preferred to wait till Christmas too, but it's L's money so we can't stop her!

She's finished the game already and her brother isn't far behind. :o I still haven't got a clue what it's all about! :rolleyes:

K x

made the STUPID mistake of buying my other half a 360 for xmas last year if you stood pamela anderson infront of him naked begging him for it he would still say out the way love just let me finish this level.........

Yes Halo 3 has arrived in our house I am once again banished to the TV in the bedroom and the only action I am seeing is on CSI..........

Halo 3 is great. It's one of the reasons I've not been on much. Am looking in occasionally. Also been very busy with school. That said found time for way way too much Halo 3. Opps!!!

I've completed it on Normal difficulty and am part way through with friends' on legendary. Just need them to come round again so we can finish at that level. :) I certainly enjoy playing it. That said I enjoyed the beta as well. See you around. If anyone is interested in my stats here they are:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/CareerSt...=Glaurung%20NHP

:)

EDIT: Suprised some of the lot on here haven't heard about it. It is about the biggest game on the xbox and 360. It was almost singly responsible for the xbox doing well early on. It proved that first person shooters (fps) games can work on a console.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

There was going to be a film and the people who were signed to do it are still working on ideas, script, etc... Whether it will ever get to film is harder to know. It originally was backed by two of the major film studios but they pulled out. That said the team have now made various shorts and also some real life assets. Including one cool looking warthog. The crew who are meant to be making the film are Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, WETA Digital and Neil Bloomcamp (he's the person who did the car advert where it changed into a robot, runs for a bit then back into a car - and no I'm not talking about a trailer for Transformers. :)) I hope it does go ahead. Meanwhile the shorts are actually quite good fun. There is at least two other games enroute. One is a RTS (real time stratergy) and the other no one is really sure about. It is meant to be an interactive movie experience (MS still call it a game) but there haven't been any specific details about what to expect. Also if your playing make sure you watch right through the credits. There is extra stuff after them once again like on the original Halo. Also you get a bonus for completing on Legendary. You can just cheat and load it at the last rally point on Legendary though and just do the last little bit if you have completed on an easier difficulty. Have fun, David.

Hi David

L said that Peter Jackson and co were involved - it ought to be good if so, given their impressive work on Lord of the Rings, but L is still worried that any film will not live up to expectations.

She's finished the Normal level and is about to start Legendary. She's had a really bad cold over the last few days so hasn't been playing as much as usual. I'm sure when she gets going again it won't take her long! I'll pass on what you say about it.

I don't play myself and am strictly a spectator but it's hard to live in the same house as a diehard Halo fan and not be a little bit interested! I found a marvellous shop in Blackpool recently which sells Halo figures. If you know of any good places to buy Halo related items please pm me - I'm thinking of Christmas ideas for L.

K x

Gamestation is meant to be getting a limited edition figurine that will only be available there. All the others as far as I know are only available at selected shops in the states. The other place to check is Bungies own shop though I don't know how much postage would cost and you'd get charged import duty. There is also a whole load of Halo related books which my brother certainly enjoys. Might be worth looking into if you don't have them already.