Sign in to follow this  
Gita

Immunisation-boosters

I had a letter from my GP earlier this week to take my son for his booster shots. He's now nearly 4 & half.

These are for DIP, TET, PERT, Polio & 2nd MMR, so to me it sounds like he's going to be given all of these in one shot.

I remember something in the media a few weeks ago about the 5 in 1 jab, but lo and behold, they've counted the MMR as one, rather than the 3 in 1 it really is.

I can't understand what the government think they're doing. Surely if people are suspicious of a 3 in 1 jab, aren't they going to even more suspicious of a 7 in 1 jab???

Although I believe that immunisation is a good thing, I would never forgive myself if this jab had a detrimental affect on my son.

I would like to know what others think about this.

Gita,

I have decided not to proceed with any further immunisations for my daughter but this is mainly because of bad reactions she has had to previous ones. I have to admit that there is a part of me that is worried about her catching the diseases but I feel that as long as I keep her as healthy then her immune system will cope and hopefully strengthen as a result.

Type post vaccination syndrome into your search engine for an alternative point of view to the government. Or look at http://www.thinktwice.com/

Hi Gita, my son (4) had the HIB DIP, TET, PERT, Polio booster recently which is in one injection, but not the 2nd MMR which is a seperate injection. Ive never believed the first MMR affected him, though I don't doubt others have been affected, but I wasn't prepared to take a chance and have the 2nd one.

Jo

Hi Gita

My eldest son is 3 1/2 and was diagnosed in June last year. I have a 22 week old son who has had all his first injections. We have now decided after much discussion that he will not be having his MMR as we are pretty sure that even if they did not cause Julian's autism then it did make him much worse than he would have been. I have also recently been told (not sure how true so anyone with info on this your comments would be gratefully received) that the MEASLES part of the MMR does not work on children who are autistic in any event. So is it a case of damned if you do or damned if you don't?

Immunisation scares the pants out of me. If I had known what I know now I would not have had Jamie (baby) immunised with all those shots recently. Fingers crossed he is okay but we thought Julian was until he was 2 and had not started talking.

Hi Gita,

Our AS son is now 8, he had all the jabs (DIP, TET, Polio & MMR) when he was about 16 months, up to that point he was very advanced in hitting his milestones(walking at 9 months etc). He also had the pre-school boosters as we still didn't know there was anything wrong with him, although we knew he was different.

Once he'd started school his behaviour got picked up on and this week we got a DX of Aspergers. With our second son (now 3) we decided to give the jabs seperately and he is NT. We will definately have the booster done seperately again come next year when he goes to school. Were sure the jabs had an effect on our son, but that's just our personal opinion. We agree with vaccination, just not the way it's adminstered!