darkshine

Mt McKinley

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3636 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

Ahem...what is internet sex...?????

I'm gonna steal AS Warrior's reply from that other thread and say... "wow lol"

My advice - ask google or wait for someone else to explain that one :devil: I'd better not mention phone sex or text sex :oops:

#42 Aeolienne

Aeolienne

Kilimanjaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • Interests:Baroque music, green issues (esp. renewable energy), hillwalking, Quakerism, reading (astronomy, fiction, popular science), practical conservation, art exhibitions, royal-watching

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm gonna steal AS Warrior's reply from that other thread and say... "wow lol"

I don't think it's at all kind to jeer at people's ignorance of these matters.

#43 Cinnamon

Cinnamon

Salisbury Hill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, geocaching, animals, psychology, functions and ailments of the human body, and browsing the internet!

Not claiming I am an expert or very good at any of these; they just interest me.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

It all depends how you bring your story, and what your experiences are. I could share these (REAL) stories:

After 7 years of being single, I felt ready for a new relationship. I lived in a small town and did not meet many people. I do not like to go out. I am not very good at talking, but much better at writing. I registered with a dating site and George was one of the people who messaged me. I immediately liked his emails. They were funny, polite and he did not make many spelling errors. We corresponded for a while and fell deeper and deeper in love with each other. We have been living together very happily for a bit more than six years now .

I knew Danny because we used to go to the same kind of gigs. He looked cute and he smiled a lot. One night he and I started talking, and he invited me to his room for a cup of tea. I went with him to his house (where he lived with other people who I knew). He did not give me tea but tried to pull my t-shirt off and pushed me onto his bed. I told him to stop but he did not. Fortunately he had a screwdriver in his windowsill so I grabbed that and held it to his chest and told him that I'd stab him if he didn't stop. He stopped. I had to walk home alone in the dark, and I was crying. Later Danny told several other people that I was a mad girl who had threatened him with a screwdriver.

So you see, it all depends on your personal experiences. Oh, and I'm not sure what internet sex is either.

#44 darkshine

darkshine

Mt McKinley

• Members
  • 3636 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

I wasn't jeering, I was making a suggestion (google) and alluding to the fact that there's no way I can explain that without making a really bad job of it - if I was taking the pee out of anyone it was AS Warriors latest phase of saying "wow lol" and because I thought the words were quite fitting for the awkwardness of any potential explanation - I think AS Warrior would be ok with that cuz he has a sense of humour and would like the fact I've stolen his phrase.

If you read the other post that I took that quote from (in techie corner) you will see that I answered Roberts question there about editing normally - I assumed he would know I was only joking here seeing as we have joked before - Robert knows he can PM me at any time and moan at me if he wishes to do so and that I will not take offence - and he also knows he can PM me and I will discuss things there instead of on the open forum - in addition we have disagreed before and not had a problem with resolving that...

If Robert says he found my mild humour offensive then I will be happy to discuss that with him.

#45 A-S warrior

A-S warrior

Peace Be With You.

• No PM or email Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

am i not intiled to an opinon? peopole wonder why i get into arguments sometimes, thing is, ive not started a single fight, everyone comes after me. im just doing my thing, and having fun with my friends.

#46 robert7111a

robert7111a

Mt Blanc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

Darkshine's post did not offend me at all...:P

Warrior...I'm still waiting for your answer re internet sex. Feel free to PM me if your answer would offend others on the forum.

#47 A-S warrior

A-S warrior

Peace Be With You.

• No PM or email Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

lol i,ll do it here, internet sex, is the same as phone sex, you just do it via email. just make sure you have keyboard wipes handy.

#48 darkshine

darkshine

Mt McKinley

• Members
  • 3636 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

am i not intiled to an opinon? peopole wonder why i get into arguments sometimes, thing is, ive not started a single fight, everyone comes after me. im just doing my thing, and having fun with my friends.

Just thought I'd add a silent soundtrack of violins to that to go with the "woe is me" tone :P

Darkshine's post did not offend me at all... :P

I'm glad about that as no offence was intended :)

Edited by darkshine, 06 August 2012 - 09:28 PM.

#49 A-S warrior

A-S warrior

Peace Be With You.

• No PM or email Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Just thought I'd add a silent soundtrack of violins to that to go with the "woe is me" tone :P

im going to go for this,

#50 darkshine

darkshine

Mt McKinley

• Members
  • 3636 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

Legend :lol:

#51 A-S warrior

A-S warrior

Peace Be With You.

• No PM or email Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

i think thats like the 37th topic ive hyjacked this month :ph34r:

#52 darkshine

darkshine

Mt McKinley

• Members
  • 3636 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

What are the other 36?

#53 A-S warrior

A-S warrior

Peace Be With You.

• No PM or email Group
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

look around son, i post everywere.

#54 darkshine

darkshine

Mt McKinley

• Members
  • 3636 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Maybe if I get an evening of mind crushing insomnia... :huh:

#55 Mike_GX101

Mike_GX101

Ben Nevis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, walking, movies, music, gaming and reading.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

There's a really good article about disabilities and dating here:
disabilities and dating

What do people here think about this issue. I remember a time that I mentioned to a girlfriend that I had aspergers and she couldn't have backed away quicker if she tried - there was literally a woman-shaped hole in the door where she'd left.

I was heartbroken. How could someone be so cold just because of a disability? I'm no different from anyone else and dating is something I will do whatever anyone says. Your thoughts...

#56 Aeolienne

Aeolienne

Kilimanjaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1123 posts
  • Interests:Baroque music, green issues (esp. renewable energy), hillwalking, Quakerism, reading (astronomy, fiction, popular science), practical conservation, art exhibitions, royal-watching

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:06 PM

I'm happy for you :)

I remember you saying stuff about a year ago and thinking nothing like this would happen!!

It's amazing what a year can do sometimes...

Is it is good as you imagined? ;)

For the record, we split up in April this year. He said the relationship wasn't going anywhere. :(

Edited by Aeolienne, 11 July 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#57 The Exodus

The Exodus

Salisbury Hill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, music, playing guitar (rather badly), astronomy, (some) psychology

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

For the record, we split up in April this year. He said the relationship wasn't going anywhere. :(

Sorry. 

#58 Aeolienne

Aeolienne

Kilimanjaro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:57 PM

I had to admit he was right, which made me feel guilty for stringing him along all this time. I guess I was more in love with the idea of a relationship than with him, plus I was fed up with online dating.

Edited by Aeolienne, 29 July 2015 - 03:02 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users